Sheffield house prices

are you on serious medication paying the current house prices in Sheffield without offering the estate agent a 25% lower offer than the asking price :loopy: semis at £140k-350k how much is that per month at todays rates and how much is that when rates normalise to 4% you need 2 wages at around £20000 each just to cope

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 20:58 ----------

in s11 semis might be £600k f................f

Edited by craig12

Buy something cheaper then. Plenty of semis for much less than that.

Why are you so shocked? Some areas are more popular than others. Some areas are more affluent than others and have a higher price tag. Happens everywhere in the housing market.

I really dont understand what your rant is supposed to be about, with exception of some passive agressive dig about the city not warranting such prices.

sorry the highest on rightmove in s11 is £425000 god help us all

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 21:02 ----------

my dig is that the housing bubble in Sheffield is waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 21:03 ----------

I have a house I paid 95k for it I'm just saying these prices are far too false

sorry the highest on rightmove in s11 is £425000 god help us all

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 21:02 ----------

my dig is that the housing bubble in Sheffield is waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 21:03 ----------

I have a house I paid 95k for it I'm just saying these prices are far too false

You need to look harder. There are properties on rightmove in S11 at

1 million.

You are not trying hard enough.

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 21:07 ----------

I still dont understand your point.

Yes its 425k. So what?

You are looking at the biggest properties in the most affulent and sought after areas.

What makes you such an expert as to what is and isnt overpriced. Sellers will price their home to whatever people wish to pay for it. That's how the housing market works.

If nobody is bidding the price will fall. If people are beating a path to put a bid in, the prices raise.

Its not complicated.

There are plenty of OTHER cheaper properties on right move. If someone cannot afford to live in S11, tough. Look elsewhere.

I would like to live in Knightsbridge or Dubai but we dont just get what we want do we.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I'm no expert but I know a bubble when I see one

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 21:11 ----------

have a scan at Sheffield property telegraph 2 pages of houses I can remenber whan it had 20-30 in the 80s all at prices people could afford

Yes, but we are not in the 80s anymore are we.

Life has moved on and we have had 2 property bubbles and busts since then.

Did you also conveniently forget when all those people with their wealth of affordable properties also had to deal with 20% plus mortgage rates.

Time to take the rose tinted glasses off.

Nobody is reading the Sheffield Property Telegraph these days.

Try Rightmove, Zoopla, on the market, purple bricks to see what is out there in the real world.

are you an estate agent? dosent matter if its zoopla rghtmove or whatever its still overpriced

how much is a £300,000 mortgage a month over 25 years, oh and I know of somewhere that their offering 15-20% over the asking price and not securing a deal the sellers say no deal hows that for a mega bubble

£300000 is £1570 pcm at 3.9% jesus Christ lord help us all whats that at 5%-6% and a £140000 is a staggering £733 at 3.9%

Edited by craig12

No I am not an estate agent. Are you? You certainly seem sure of your assertions if you arn't one.

As for your second question, I am not a mortgage advisor either, but since you are asking, a quick calculator gives a monthly payment of around £1,570 a month.

I dont think its a ludicrous prospect to suggest that anyone buying a £300k home will be of a certain income bracket so again, WHAT IS YOUR POINT.

£300k in an open market could get you anything from a 2 bed apartment in the most wealthy part of town or a 7 bedroom house in the suburbs. Depends on what purpose or location the buyer is looking for.

Its just the same as £50k price which could get you anything from a studio city centre flat to a 3 bedroomed house in the suburbs.

Its all highly subjective. We ALL buy what we can afford which best suits our needs.

That basic has not changed whether its the 60s, 80s or now.

the fact is young sir is that wages have not risen to these ludicrous prices where is we get probably 6 times joint income to finance such a Ponzi scheme

Now, to try and avoid a never ending story on this can we just agree to disagree.

You seem to think that Sheffield house prices are totally excessive no matter the property type, size, area, or selling agent.

I say that claiming something is overpriced is highly subjective and despite your assertions there and plenty of cheaper alternatives for those prepared to look hard enough.

no sir I say there in a bubble and all buyers should offer at least 25% less to reflect true value as to the wage ratio and affordability on 2 middle income jobs that is assuming most are middle class the sellers don't lose out cos they probably bought it for thousands less than its on now for

Edited by craig12

Ok. Fine. You stick to that theory and good luck to you.

Im sure you wont get outbid time and time again.