New face for the £20 note - YOU decide.

The Bank of England is open to suggestions for the face to replace Adam Smith on the back of the new £20 note.

It has to be someone dead, British and from the world of the visual arts (architects, artists, ceramicists, craftspeople, designers, fashion designers, filmmakers, photographers, printmakers and sculptors).

Who would YOU pick?

And who do you think THEY will pick?

Here's the form where you can make suggestions, there's one day left, nominations close on 19th July - http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/characters/nominationform.aspx

And here's the accepted nominations so far - http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Documents/characters/characterlist.pdf

Nigel Mansell. Cloth cap and all.

The two I would have suggested would be Chaplin or Hitchcock. Both are well known worldwide and deserve to be considered as national idols.

Nigel Mansell. Cloth cap and all.

Nigel Mansell the artist, rather than Nigel Mansell the still very much alive former racing driver?

I would choose either William Blake or William Morris, but I don't think the Bank would go for either choice. Blake was too mystical and Morris too much of a leftie.

Nigel Mansell the artist, rather than Nigel Mansell the still very much alive former racing driver?

I would choose either William Blake or William Morris, but I don't think the Bank would go for either choice. Blake was too mystical and Morris too much of a leftie.

Sorry I missed the bit about the person needing to be dead. I still say Nige.

Terry Jones. In drag.

... although he's still alive so... it would be great though.

Lee Rigby would be my choice

I agree but unfortunately the criteria is performing arts. He was a drummer but I dont think that would get him on the front.

Churchill on the back, Thatcher on the front :D

I could go for Kubrick, but I'd wan't Alex DeLarge on the banknote.

I could also go for Stanley Spencer. Both of them uniquely British.