Motorbike experiences for non-riders?

Hey, I've been recently wondering if anything like this exists, preferably near to Sheffield. I'm just looking for some way of having a go on a bike of any type really. The 'experience' days that Virgin for example do require a bike license, and while it's probably not a big deal to just get a CBT done and buy a cheap runaround, it would be a weekend toy, and I already have one too many of those..

Never ridden one, but would love a go basically :D

Oh, and trying a mate's is a no go; I couldn't live with myself if I dropped it :hihi: Cheers

If you haven't got a licence you'll need at the very least a CBT before you can ride on the road anyway, so may as well spend a hundred quid doing that and use it to guage if you enjoy it enough to carry on and get a full licence. Youll get a days riding out of it, both off and on road.

I had a free taster lesson in the car park in front of Owlerton Greyhound Stadium, and I don't have a bike licence. I am considering doing a CBT in the future. Have a look on their website:

http://www.bikesafe-sheffield.co.uk

They supply the gear, you just need to wear jeans and sturdy boots.

It might be worth looking for some legitimate off road bikers - the ones who green lane. They may be able to sort something for you.

Cheers guys, the Bikesafe site looks to be what I'm after, at least like has been said - to see whether it's for me or not.

It might be worth looking for some legitimate off road bikers - the ones who green lane. They may be able to sort something for you.

I don't want to come across as 'rules are rules' but green lanes are roads and not being insured on someone elses bit of kit scares me :hihi: However it would be a good way to try some light off roading.. Still not even sure what sort of riding I'd be wanting to do

There's a place for this on the parkway past Norton pub on the opposite side. It advertises riding for under 17s and for practice.

Sounds like the thing you want. It's on private grounds and looks like a decent small company.

---------- Post added 16-07-2015 at 19:47 ----------

Also no need for a licence as on private ground and All insured I presume (to let under 17s ride)

There's a place for this on the parkway past Norton pub on the opposite side. It advertises riding for under 17s and for practice.

Sounds like the thing you want. It's on private grounds and looks like a decent small company.

---------- Post added 16-07-2015 at 19:47 ----------

Also no need for a licence as on private ground and All insured I presume (to let under 17s ride)

Great stuff, thanks man