Strange and mysterious happenings!

Greetings to all!

Ouija boards, ghosts, ghouls and the occult seem to hold a fascination over many people. To some they are frightening.

Has anything happened to you in your lifetime that was an incredible coincidence, something you could not explain or the product of the occult?

Please post your views as I am interested to know!

Thank you

I apologise beforehand as this might freak some people out.

In our hometown of Harlingen the old hospital stood on an old bulwark overlooking the local canal, a very pretty park surrounded it, but the hospital itself (Victorian) was fenced off and in a dire state of neglect.

Me and my brother (we must have been around 10/11) found an easy way in one day and had a good look around. The stairs had been demolished (presumably to stop people roaming the building), but we found a back-way with stairs to get to the first floor, up there all the windows were boarded up and the only light was that coming through some cracks in the boards. We pushed one of the boards out and saw we were standing in what used to be a ward, an old bed and a few trolleys were still there. It was too dark to explore further though, so we went home, got a torch and came back. We got to the same room and used the torch to look around, at the exact same time we both saw a shadow behind us, I shouted (out of fear) and grabbed the torch out of my brother's hand who had gone white as a sheet. I pointed to where the shadow was and saw blood smeared all over the floor and the walls, where we'd just come in so we knew it wasn't there before, still glistening red, not dry like you might have thought.

Whenever me and my brother meet (which isn't a lot these days) we reminisce over what happened and neither of us have an explanation, but we did both see it and we did both run back home as fast as our legs would carry us.

...something you could not explain or the product of the occult? ...

I read last night that Gove is back with Dave on the front line. That seems pretty diabolical.

Dunno, never tried Ouija boards and don't intend to. Don't believe in the supernatural in any form but some strange stuff as happened looking back over my life in the last 50 or so years. Maybe I just didn't pick up on it

Dunno, never tried Ouija boards and don't intend to. Don't believe in the supernatural in any form but some strange stuff as happened looking back over my life in the last 50 or so years. Maybe I just didn't pick up on it

I remember I was 11 or 12 and used to go to this after school club in what used to be an old church. One time a group of us noticed that the cellar door had been left open and we ventured down there. The rooms were divided by doors and as we got to the third room I kid you not we all saw an old man all in white go into the next room grey hair and long grey beard.

We all screamed so loud and ran through the rooms and up the narrow circle stairs. As we got to the top of the stairs one of the adults shouted at us about being down there we told him what we saw and he went down there and came back up and said no one was there with a big massive grin on his face. Safe to say none of us ventured down there again. I dont know if it was a ghost or some old man down there but I have never been so scared in my life.

You do know that Ouja boards and planchettes are just toys don't you? Although the Song Dynasty used them in 12th century China they were introduced to the western world in the 19th century as a parlor game.

It is a toy. It is not a method for contacting the dead and despite what many stupid people think it cannot be manipulated by malevolent spirits.

Now Buckaroo is a different matter altogether...

This thread is built on a Native American burial ground.

Can't we say Indian anymore ?

I saw Ant n Decs faces on my toast this morning. one on each side.

The only 'spooky' thing I've seen was on Heeley Bank Road, we were driving along just as it was going dark and I saw a column of what I can only describe as mist, about a foot wide and 6 feet tall (no shape to it) at the side of the road...it drifted into the road and we drove straight through the middle of it and it just seemed to vanish. :o

My boyfriend who was driving never saw it at all though so to this day I don't know if I imagined it!

Another time I kept seeing a bright red light in the sky, like a flash every now and then just out of the corner of my eye...it confused the hell out of me and I even tried to point it out to my friend who couldn't see anything...then I got in the car and realised I had a bit of red glitter stuck to my eyelash :hihi::loopy:

Has anything happened to you in your lifetime that ...you could not explain

Yes, many times. I cannot explain why one's teenage children always put empty orange juice cartons back in the fridge but leave full ones out on the worktop. I cannot explain where all the odd socks go. I especially cannot explain why our cat sits by the door and miaows to go out, only to change his mind when we open the door for him.

They all are mysteries to me.

I had something strange happen. It's very mundane but nonetheless inexplicable to me.

I had a bedsit in the attic of my aunt's house and one night I and a few friends had been playing cards. When they left I went to bed and the pack of cards was left on the coffee table. Next morning they had disappeared and it was some days before I found them under an old formica kitchen table, which had been covered by a table cloth which reached the floor.

Perhaps some previous occupant of the room disapproved of playing cards. Nothing else strange ever happened anyway.

Greetings to all!

Ouija boards, ghosts, ghouls and the occult seem to hold a fascination over many people. To some they are frightening.

Has anything happened to you in your lifetime that was an incredible coincidence, something you could not explain or the product of the occult?

Please post your views as I am interested to know!

Thank you

Most people here (not me) are extremely cynical of such things. So it's perhaps not a good place to discuss such things, given the ridicule such views will inevitably attract from the overly logical thinking types here...

I could say a whole bunch of words, trying to express experiences, but all words would fall short. It's really laughable in fact, how inadequate words would be to transmit the nature of such experience. There is no way our logical minds can meaningfully render such experience in mere words.