Meadowhall/ Northern General property - best area to buy?

Hi, Im looking to buy a house around the Northern General hospital and with access to Meddowhall? any thoughts on streets that are better than others/ areas/ streets to totally avoid. Ive been looking around and there seems to be such a cross section that Im really not sure and Ive heard lots of varying stories on areas like Wincobank, Firth park and Grimesthorpe and which side of the Herries rd to look at etc? any thoughts?

no answer suppose that says it all

This is uncanny sal2a, you mention the areas i have lived in and have a good knowledge of so maybe can offer some advice.

Lived in wincobank for 8 years until last year. I really liked it. Great for meadowhall and M1 (which is why i lived there). What i would say is that Higher wincobank (Newman road/drive) area and Wincobank (Jenkin Road/avenue area) are probably better than Lower Wincobank (Fife street area). The latter seems to have a lot of mixed housing which means your neighbours may change quite regularly.

And currently wincobank has a lot of very affordable housing (if you don't mind 2.5 bed, 1 lounge/diner 1960's box-ish houses). Probably take you 15 mins to get to NGH in the morning but should you really want to, can walk to Meadowhall.

Been living in Grimesthorpe for 6 months because the house i was going to buy (nr Herries Road!) fell though buti have to say, could not be happier. Live near Holywell heights and the people have been fantastic. Real community spirit that i didn't realise still existed. Much more so than my experience in wincobank but it's probably because there are more older people in grimesthorpe and its a lot more ethnically mixed so people make a real effort to get to know each other.

Now bought a property almost directly across from NGH! I know the area well so i know what to expect. What i will say is that to get a good property around here you will have to pay much much more than wincobank or grimesthorpe. Houses on Norwood Road/Drive start off at 200K unless they need work. The Crabtree estate is nice, walking distance to NGH and is slightly cheaper.

To buy around NGH, you really have to know the streets well because the last thing you want is to paytop dollar for a property that will be sucked into/affected by the Page Hall issue a year down the line.

Only problem with buying any where near the hospital is your road will be a car park for NGH staff 7-5 every day (which is why i made sure i got a house with a big drive!)

I've been born and bred in the areas you mention (Firth Park to be precise) so if there's a particular street you want feedback on, drop me a message, more than happy to help.