How do you become lady mayoress

:huh:

Hmmm...

... Doesn't Somerset already have one? :confused:

Only in the Weston part of the county. Room for three more, at least.

Being female is a good starter?

That's a bit sexist isn't it?

I know many transsexuals who may disagree..

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

So, the original male and female terms are too many to remember, are you saying ?

No, you stated that there were now 20 genders. Non gender specific titles are put in place so that people don't have to invent more gender specific titles.

I can explain it more simply if you wish.

Please don't bother explaining. It's seeming now like having to ask our intellectual elite "Which new word/description ( of anything) is acceptable this week please ?" 'Critical Theory' in operation ?

Please don't bother explaining. It's seeming now like having to ask our intellectual elite "Which new word/description ( of anything) is acceptable this week please ?" 'Critical Theory' in operation ?

That's ok, you're welcome.

With apologies to the OP for dragging this out, but this will please you Max.......

Yesterday, 16th June 2017, the liberal Canadian parliament passed bill C-16 which makes it illegal to use the 'wrong' gender pronouns. Critics say that Canadians who do not subscribe to 'progressive gender theory' could be accused of hate crimes, jailed, fined or made to take anti-bias training.

Professor Jordan Peterson of the University of Toronto, one of the bill's fiercest critics,said in the Senate that 'it infringed upon citizens' freedom of speech and institutes dubious gender ideology into law. Compelled speech has come to Canada and we will seriously regret this.'

The slippery slope to totalitarianism.

With apologies to the OP for dragging this out, but this will please you Max.......

Yesterday, 16th June 2017, the liberal Canadian parliament passed bill C-16 which makes it illegal to use the 'wrong' gender pronouns. Critics say that Canadians who do not subscribe to 'progressive gender theory' could be accused of hate crimes, jailed, fined or made to take anti-bias training.

Professor Jordan Peterson of the University of Toronto, one of the bill's fiercest critics,said in the Senate that 'it infringed upon citizens' freedom of speech and institutes dubious gender ideology into law. Compelled speech has come to Canada and we will seriously regret this.'

The slippery slope to totalitarianism.

Ref the bit in bold: No it doesn't, that was Jordan Peterson's objection last year and has been refuted. So, totalitarianism is held at bay yet again. :)

I would say it's close to totalitarian to make any gender terms ILLEGAL , 'wrong' or 'right', if you believe in free speech and democracy, wouldn't you ?

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 21:00 ----------

Well, the report says that Professor Peterson spoke at the Senate before the vote: that's yesterday.

I will list now the ludicrous gender categories so far ( more to come, be sure !) :-

Bi-Geneder, Androgyne, Neutrios, Agender/Genderless, Intergender, Demiboy,

Demigirl, Third Gender, Genderqueer/Non-Binary, Pangender/Poligender,

Epicine, Genderfluid, Trangender ( 2 versions), Bigender:female and male,

Bigender:adrogyne and neutrois, Bigender:3rd.gender and demiboy,

Demiagender:with demigirl, Genderfluid:female and male,

Genderfluid:intergender and neutrios, Genderfluid:3rd.gender and demigirl,

Genderfluid:adrogyne and female, Agender:version one, Agender:version 2,

Agender:version gendervoid, Demiagender (with 3rd.gender), Femme, Butch,

Travesti n-v, and Allagenda.

27-so far-is that, or are you more up to date Max ? You're obviously intelligent, why have you bought into this utter nonsense ?

How do you become lady mayoress is she elected for the role and what qualifications does she require :)

Ask a lady mayoress

I would say it's close to totalitarian to make any gender terms ILLEGAL , 'wrong' or 'right', if you believe in free speech and democracy, wouldn't you ?

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 21:00 ----------

Well, the report says that Professor Peterson spoke at the Senate before the vote: that's yesterday.

I will list now the ludicrous gender categories so far ( more to come, be sure !) :-

Bi-Geneder, Androgyne, Neutrios, Agender/Genderless, Intergender, Demiboy,

Demigirl, Third Gender, Genderqueer/Non-Binary, Pangender/Poligender,

Epicine, Genderfluid, Trangender ( 2 versions), Bigender:female and male,

Bigender:adrogyne and neutrois, Bigender:3rd.gender and demiboy,

Demiagender:with demigirl, Genderfluid:female and male,

Genderfluid:intergender and neutrios, Genderfluid:3rd.gender and demigirl,

Genderfluid:adrogyne and female, Agender:version one, Agender:version 2,

Agender:version gendervoid, Demiagender (with 3rd.gender), Femme, Butch,

Travesti n-v, and Allagenda.

27-so far-is that, or are you more up to date Max ? You're obviously intelligent, why have you bought into this utter nonsense ?

Unless someone is particularly sensitive for some reason, then most people wouldn't be offended if you got their gender wrong initially as long you listened to them and then used the words they wanted you to. What is this was people trying to find excuses to just use a slightly different word or phrase to avoid upsetting someone or to take their feelings into account? For example calling a transsexual by the correct pronoun that they have chosen you can make them feel more welcome and inclusive and it costs you nothing at all, so why not do it?

See You Tube video 'UK schoolkids are taught how sexist they are.'

I'm not interested in comments on him and his style, or other stuff he may have done which I myself may disagree with, just what he is saying on this subject (saves me plagiarising the vid's content).