Eroica Vintage Cycling event 2017

Hi Andy

I went on Sunday. I rode in via the high peak trail but gave way to the multiples heading out. It was a fantastic day. I agree the site was much nicer than bakewell.

Next year I might look out for an older bike and see if I can join one of the rides and try camping.

I'm tempted to ride too! I'm not a rider as such, but friends did it, and it looked like fun, so I might give it a try I think!

Enjoyed the weekend !

More than adequate site, plenty of stalls to browse, loads of different food on offer, I didn't take that much attention to the entertainment. Other members of my family who stayed on site on Saturday night were non too pleased at the music going on until 2-00 am Sunday morning.

Was going to ride the 100 mile route, but a lack of miles in my legs made me change my mind.

Rode the 55 miles with my son, too b----y hot !!

Normally I can ride 55 miles with no problem, but in that heat I really struggled, but didn't do too bad for a 70 year old.

Riding with someone 30 years younger in those conditions isn't a good idea.

From Bakewell station up to Millers Dale I was hung on his wheel as my Garmin showed us moving along at over 20 mph all the way.

That White Peak scenery is stunning !!

Enjoyed the weekend !

More than adequate site, plenty of stalls to browse, loads of different food on offer, I didn't take that much attention to the entertainment. Other members of my family who stayed on site on Saturday night were non too pleased at the music going on until 2-00 am Sunday morning.

Was going to ride the 100 mile route, but a lack of miles in my legs made me change my mind.

Rode the 55 miles with my son, too b----y hot !!

Normally I can ride 55 miles with no problem, but in that heat I really struggled, but didn't do too bad for a 70 year old.

Riding with someone 30 years younger in those conditions isn't a good idea.

From Bakewell station up to Millers Dale I was hung on his wheel as my Garmin showed us moving along at over 20 mph all the way.

That White Peak scenery is stunning !!

It was roasting on Saturday and Sunday wasn't it! I'm all kinds of red and pink!! :) Don't envy you on that cycle.

They've had a lot of feedback about the music. Apparently it was the HQ tent where it was happening, but tents are impossible to soundproof (without paying a fortune). I'm sure that'll be looked into for next year though - there has to be a way to entertain those who want to party without annoying those who don't. That said, I went to bed around midnight each night (we were sat by the tent a lot of the evening just chatting) and we all slept without problems.

The location is really nice though! Had a drive round on Thursday round the area as I was really early, and it's just an amazing area. Derbyshire as a whole is so scenic!

I red "Erotica Vintage Cycling Event", hahaha :D

Enjoyed the weekend !

More than adequate site, plenty of stalls to browse, loads of different food on offer, I didn't take that much attention to the entertainment.

I didn't go when it was at the previous site but, having spent the Sunday afternoon at Friden, I'd say it was perfect. The whole thing was an absolute delight to the eyes.

Obviously it was a warm sunny day so can't comment on its ability to cope with a downpour.

I didn't go when it was at the previous site but, having spent the Sunday afternoon at Friden, I'd say it was perfect. The whole thing was an absolute delight to the eyes.

Obviously it was a warm sunny day so can't comment on its ability to cope with a downpour.

I reckon it'd do ok, unless it was literally torrential, but that's the same at most festivals. It sloped down to the stage I suppose, so potential for that to trap, but I liked the slope down.

Think I left about 10pm Sunday, and there were still lots of people having fun, although the food stalls were closing up. Managed to get a burger and some churros though! :)