Car Culture? (Or just car stuff in general)

I love my car and i love it when people look at her. I only got her a few months ago and she wasnt looking great but some TLC has brought her back to life. I get a right buzz when she attracts attention :D

I think it's safe to say the Multipla has been truly and comprehensively supplanted by Nissan's Joke Juke in the ugly stakes. Particularly in that shade of dark-ish yellow that seems to do the rounds atm.

It's not a supercar, or particularly fast and, as car culture goes, MX-5s are very much a small subset or sub-culture...but I'm going to enjoy my commute very much this week :)

I'm fascinated to know what you lot think makes a car beautiful (or not).

Do explain.

It's very idiosyncratic, and personal.

For me, it's a question of balance and purity of the design hand-in-hand with the purpose/utility of the car.

A car doesn't have to be low, aggressive, stanced, blingy or festooned in wings, scoops and bits of plastic. e.g. I find the 2CV (the original 1940s one) a beautiful car, even though -by modern standards- it looks like it would be designed by a trainee IKEA designer...or a 3 year old :D

Likewise, talk about marmite, I loved Imprezas (had 3: 97P 'classic', 55 bug eye, 06 hawkeye), but the veering to hatchback in '09 (IIRC) was a complete "urgh" moment. Never could stomach the Forresters and Legacies, then or now. I like some Astons (DB7), but not others (One-77...batmobile!), some Ferraris (365, F355, GTO) but not others (any of their new and 'angular' models or the 575), some Porsches (any 911, 928, early boxsters (Gen 1- Gen 2)), but not others (Cayenne, any model (especially the latest - what were they thinking with those front scoops!), and still a bit meh about the Cayman).

It's hard to put into words, really :)

Edited by L00b

And another update!

The off-white Merc SLS has returned.

And it has been cleaned!

So that's where it's been for the last month :D

And another update!

The off-white Merc SLS has returned.

And it has been cleaned!

So that's where it's been for the last month :D

It has been MOT'd, someone I know works at the garage it was at lol