Looking to buy an apartment.

Hello,

I am looking to buy an apartment in the Kehlam Island area, does anyone have any advice or anyone already live there and can tell me if its worth it?

Thanks from Jennifer.

There's the river nearby which is home for much wildlife. I paused to look across the bridge in October and was rewarded with a kingfisher in flight.

Just beware that the area flooded back in 2007, so could do again.

Good luck.

Which development are you interested in? Some are better than others

Hi. I have a third floor flat for sale in Cracknell with Saxton Mee. After the floods in 2007 the culverts were cleared out. As long as the culverts are kept clear there is no reason to expect it to be flooded again. Obviously anywhere along the river round Kelham Island faces an equal risk, but if you are not on the ground floor there is virtually no risk of flooding your apartment.

The flats in Cracknell are pretty spacious compared to some other developments. Also the on-site concierge service is very helpful and the complex is well maintained.

watch out for the service fees they can add a lot to your annual costs

At the Riverside the annual fee is over 1000 per annum but it may vary in other sites, that does include water rates and the gardens are well kept with an excellent service provided by 2 on site people.

Hello,

I am looking to buy an apartment in the Kehlam Island area, does anyone have any advice or anyone already live there and can tell me if its worth it?

Thanks from Jennifer.

If you are interested in the Daisy Spring complex I understand there are several for sale through the owners (a bank I believe) from around £80k.

Thank you for te advice- hoping to move in February hopefully there will be some nice apartments for me to buy x

so what are the prices for 1 bed apartment like?

Studios start at £400+ 1 Bed apartments usually £500+ I would say the nearer west bar apartments are in a better location, look at Cutlery Works and Whitecroft Works.