Council exchange what to expect?

just found a mutual exchange we are both scc tenants i have handed both of our forms in today i have my inspection on monday, just wondering if anyone has all ready done this and knows what to expect and how long it take to completion?

thanks in advance

just found a mutual exchange we are both scc tenants i have handed both of our forms in today i have my inspection on monday, just wondering if anyone has all ready done this and knows what to expect and how long it take to completion?

thanks in advance

it was a few years ago i exchanged but as i remember..inspector came out ..asked me a few questions about if i was happy with the property and he looked mine over to see if it was clean and in good repair. it took about 3 weeks from handing in letter to the actual exchange

I did this earlier this year - if both landlords are the same it may be quicker but from the day the forms were received by the landlord they have 42 days (in law) to let you know if the exchange is successful. If they go beyond the 42 days the exchange can legally go ahead anyway (more advice on various websites such as Under One Roof who are very good). During the 42 days you will usually have things such as electric/gas checks and a visual inspection of the properties involved.

My exchange took longer as we had a problem with one of the landlords losing forms and then it was refused due to some rubbish being left in what is now my garden - the exchange was granted 2 days later when the previous tenant indicated that the rubbish had been removed - but lo and behold it was still in the garden when I moved in :roll:

Anyhow, check out Under One Roof, they will answer any questions you have and there is some very good advice on there.

Good luck with the swap! :)