Walter Fox & Partners

Anyone used to work at Foxes during the 60s & 70s ?.

Trying again, Some names i remember are graham lockwood,brian wood,philip clarke,brian english,frank & ernest damms, stuart armitage, geoff dodds,john walker,ian woodman,neil wheeler,jack fox, john ford , tony thornley,sometimes on overtime nights we would call into

Dodgers for a pint of magnet. Ring any bells ?.

i worked at walter foxes in the rad shop.i know all the names you mentioned.i have photos of the football team and the rad shop men .bill.

Hi wwood, when did you work there and what is your name ?. I was there between 1969-1975.

iworked at walter foxes in the rad shop.i know all the names you mentioned i have photos of the football team and the rad shop.i worked there from 1951 to 1998.p.m.me.bill.

Hi sorry this is late just come across it.I worked there from 1965 to 69 .Harry Spooner,Mike Hutchinson, Mick Fidler,Doug Palmer,Paul Foster and Loll the trimer come to mind.Great memories I really enjoyed those days.

hi , Doug Palmer here , oh happy days .Walter Fox& partners in the 60S.beatles music amongst others,and loads of good mates.My first day,standing outside 1st of January 1961,frozen in the snow ,when along came old [ram] Niel Wheeler ,im starting here today could you tell me what to do please[allways was a polite young chap]and ram showd me how to clock in,pull down lever and sign in,thanks Niel ,start of several happy years. radiator shop in charge Ken Miller, jack fox, Geoff Hall ,Barry Davit, Ian{Charlie} Woodman, Paddy ?? Lol {egg}Lee, Bert??, Bill Brookes, and good old Niel . Bodyshop next time. cheerio for now.

Hi, i worked at Foxes during the 70's / 80's. I worked in the Stores. I remember most of the names mentioned. Paddy Higgins is the surname missing from the Rad shop, can't remember Bert's surname though.

Edited by kevvy
added text

hi , Doug Palmer here , oh happy days .Walter Fox& partners in the 60S.beatles music amongst others,and loads of good mates.My first day,standing outside 1st of January 1961,frozen in the snow ,when along came old [ram] Niel Wheeler ,im starting here today could you tell me what to do please[allways was a polite young chap]and ram showd me how to clock in,pull down lever and sign in,thanks Niel ,start of several happy years. radiator shop in charge Ken Miller, jack fox, Geoff Hall ,Barry Davit, Ian{Charlie} Woodman, Paddy ?? Lol {egg}Lee, Bert??, Bill Brookes, and good old Niel . Bodyshop next time. cheerio for now.

Well Doug long time no see,brilliant days.Remember camping at Skeggy? I do. you mentioned the Beatles I have memories of listening to All you need is love in a pub in Burgh le Marsh with you and Figs in 1967.Went in same pub a couple of years ago and guess what it is still on the juke box.Had to play it all the memories came flooding back .Hope you are keeping well old boy .By the way Figs is living in Torquay,It would be nice if we could all have another pint together.

hi kevvy, I know tony thornley was still there, but who else?any one I would have known ? I used to call and see Ernie Damms and Stuart Armitage from time to time, in work shop in back yard and up stairs , two great guys I used to work with.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 18:21 ----------

hi ,you aint put your name old boy.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 18:24 ----------

is it IAN carey mi old pal.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 19:07 ----------

:)always remmeberd as on of best holidays ever,what agood time, camping

A good friend of mine worked there in the late 1950's and early 1960's. His name is Melvyn Jordan - Lived on Colley Road, Parsons Cross with his parents and sister - he will be about 74 now and living near Falmouth in Cornwall- anyone remember him, think he worked in the drawing office (possibly)

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Malaysia

Hi Dougie. The names Kev Greaves, i worked in the stores with Tony, John Ford and Pete Dixon. Do you remember any of the Drivers ? Fred Green, Colin Rawson, Ron Radford or Mick Yates and Terry Thornley, Tony's brother? I don't recall Ian Carey, perhaps before my time.

Edited by kevvy