Hurlfield/Grange grammar school for girls

did anyone attend grange grammar school in the 60's

I was there from 1960 to 1963

Been waiting for this topic to come up. I was at Grange until 1964 and am saddened to hear that both of the school houses have now been demolished. I used to play netball and other sports for the school and would love to hear from any fellow team members or indeed fellow classmates from this era.

I won a scholarship there in 1954 and my base was Holt House. It's very sad the way it's gone.

I was at Grange Grammar School from 1954 to 1961. I remember the teachers Leeming, Perry, Poyser, Sheldrake, Longmuir, Rigby and Rogers. It is a pity that there was no old girls' association.

Oh yes I remember most of those names, brings back memories of my time there. Me and my friend Sheila used to disappear on games afternoons. We would go in the loos, change out of uniform and escape through a little gate. Then spend the afternoon in a cafe playing the juke box.

I went to Grange 1954-1959 .The year I started they had just changed the name from Hurlfield so we had new badges to buy.I remember all those teachers and Miss Ruff the english teacher and Mrs Gilbert who taught Latin .

I have fond memories of my time there .My school photo (which was of the whole school eventually crumbled with age

There's no mistaking me on the photo of the first years taken in 1958. I'm the one not in uniform. This was because we were moving to Bakewell, where we stayed just 2 years, then I came back to GG in 1960.

Anybody remember Wendy Hall from Edale Road Ecclesall. Went from Ecclesall C of E on Ringinglow Road to Hurlfield as it was in Sept 1953 - probably left in 1958 or 9. I believe her parents took over the Miners Arms at Eyam around then. Very attractive girl.

I seem to recall that every Thursday afternoon for the whole of the first year

at school we had to go to King Edward Boys School to use their swimming pool - a whole year and I never did learn to swim! How I hated Thursdays.

I also remember travelling from town to school on the old trams (at least for the first three years until sadly they were replaced by the buses). We always used to rush upstairs to get the seats in the bay at the front.

I have fond memories of the Grange although when I attended it was Hurlfield Grammar School for Girls I was there between about 1949 and left in 1954.