Can you recall greengage (band)

Hi everyone

Been interesting reading the forum regarding possibly one of the best vocal cabaret acts ever in the uk.

Sadly Denny passed away earlier this month after a short illness

I am certain this brilliant musician will never be forgotten - and can I say knowing him well he was a lovely guy - very thoughtful and fun.

Sorry for sad news.

Hi i booked the Band to appear Great Harwood Golf Club they brought the house Down sorry about the sad news will never forget that night

Best Regards RB

Hi amapolas7

I was probably at that gig at Great Harwood GC I was their roadie for many years and being from east lancs I knew all the venues well.

Shame the venues disappeared they loved playing Rovers Return & Martholme Grange seems ages ago now

Regards zippy139

Hi got the band number from my mate Jimmy at the time from Martholme Grange he booked there acts

Hi everyone

Been interesting reading the forum regarding possibly one of the best vocal cabaret acts ever in the uk.

I am certain this brilliant musician will never be forgotten - and can I say knowing him well he was a lovely guy - very thoughtful and fun.

Sorry for sad news.

Hi Zippy. Can't believe what iv'e just read about Denny passing. I knew him and his wife Maggie around 15 years ago. Awesome guy. Can you let me know how he passed and were he lays ? :(

My wife worked with Margaret at Boots years ago and I had the privilege of having Denny teach me guitar for a year. We sometimes met up on Boots "do's " or we'd see the band down at Bramall Lane and have a few sherbets together.

He was a great guy and had the patience of a saint when it came down to guitar lessons.

RIP Guitar Hero !

I saw them all round the "haunts" mentioned above and rate them one of the best bands around in those days and in latter years.

Denny will be missed by all who knew him.

My wife worked with Margaret at Boots years ago and I had the privilege of having Denny teach me guitar for a year. We sometimes met up on Boots "do's " or we'd see the band down at Bramall Lane and have a few sherbets together.

He was a great guy and had the patience of a saint when it came down to guitar lessons.

RIP Guitar Hero !

Well said POLSKI.. Still can't believe it . RIP Denny Platt you were a top man :(:(

hi does anyone know where I can get hold of cd of greengage please ?

Hi everyone

Sorry for sad news.

I have just read your post after not having visited this website for a couple of years. To say I was shocked to hear that Denny had died nine months ago would be an understatement. It is over 20 years since I last saw Greengage at Martholme Grange but I have often wondered what they were up to these days. Denny has always had a special place in my heart, he was an outstanding singer and guitarist and a really lovely person as well. I know that it's a big ask but I would like to know where his last resting place is so that I can go & pay my respects to him & leave some flowers. Also if anyone who knew him well reads this post could they pass on my deepest sympathy to his wife & family.

God bless you Denny, you were a star.

Denny live just down the road from me, I still see Margaret and have a chat when walking our dogs.

Great guy great musician.

I was there lighting engineer for about 2 years and have some good memories. I would love to meet up with you to remember old times