St. Pauls R.C. Highschool, Sheffield,

Perhaps it's because I have moved so much in my life but I don't remember any girls by that name. Maybe we were not in the same class after all? The class I was in mostly left at age 15 and as I stated before, there were only 4 left of our year who stayed on for the RSA's.

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 16:57 ----------

'Do you remember Theresa Jagawalawch? She came from a large polish family. I was allowed to go around with her because her family were Polish as was my step father so he knew them a little from the Polish club, next door to where they lived. The only other girl I spent a lot of time with was Sylvania and dad allowed that because her Italian father insisted we be chaperoned by her older sister, Angelina. Dad was very strict with us girls!!!!!!!

Remember Theresa she had lovely curly dark blonde hair and I believe she attended St Oswalds prior to St Pauls

Lol! St Pauls a high school! Well well well. Surprised this thread came up. Already one titled St Pauls Granville rd. I was there 62-68 . Don't remember you Pat but I remember Hansel and a boy called Euclid Paul. Both academically brilliant.

Paul Euclid and Hansel were in the same class. They are still in contact with each other I understand. Although I knew Paul I didn't spend time with him. They were both in the year below mine so they left in '65 as I left in '64. Hansel and I continued our friendship after leaving school and after I left England in '70 we have continued to write and phone from time to time.

Isle Hopper: Hi there. It's such a lovely surprise to know there is still someone who was in my class. Were you one of the 4 of us who stayed on for further exams? I can't remember second names but I have a picture of

Paul(?) who was into competitive ballroom dancing, myself, Ann(?) who went into nursing I believe and Richard Griffin. We are sat for our class picture with Mr. Kelly outside by a rock garden. The picture was taken in 1964 - just before we left school. Because there were only four of us our home room was with Mr. Kelly and the class year below us but worked a lot on our own. It looks as though you live in Derbyshire - how I envy you, I used to love it out there. It has been 20 years or more since I last had the opportunity to visit England but still get homesick a little at times. My family all live in Canada now, including our parents who are still around, and my sisters, Paula, Janina and Halina. Am I guessing right, are you one of our boys from the class?

I think the photo mentioned is on Friends reunited

Hi Schoolrdgal: I didn't know about Friends reunited but just checked and could not find St. Paul's School Sheffield on there although, there are several other schools from around the country by that name. Do you have any idea what else I should be looking under. I may not be using the site effectively?

:gag:

Try St Pauls Secondary Modern School.

Yes that's right I put the year in as well