How much can I earn as a Taxi Driver, working 9am-5pm, mon-fri? (not black cab)

I did airport runs, £60 to Manchester, £70 to Liverpool, £130 to London, and made £1500 pw easily, (obviously take fuel out) working 9, sometimes 10 hour days, this was working for myself I add, so when you say `cukoo land` you obviously couldnt of hacked working much longer than 3 hours per day.

Sorry, but these figures do not add up.

Heathrow airport, there and back, minimum time 6hours probably nearer 8.

This gives an hourly rate of between £15 and £20

Manchester airport minimum, there and back 2 hours, can be 4

rate between £15.00 and £30.00

Liverpool, minimum 3 hours probably nearer 5

rate between £14.00 and £23 per hours

If we take an optomistic average of £20 per hour you would ned to work a 75 hour week to gross £1500

covering around 3,500 miles per week, with a running cost of arund 15p per mile, the costs would be around £500 per week.

so working 75 hour week for a gross profit of 1000 at a rate of £13 per hour.

or £10 per hour after tax.

THat's assuming 75 hours of work !!!!

Sorry, but these figures do not add up.

Heathrow airport, there and back, minimum time 6hours probably nearer 8.

This gives an hourly rate of between £15 and £20

Manchester airport minimum, there and back 2 hours, can be 4

rate between £15.00 and £30.00

Liverpool, minimum 3 hours probably nearer 5

rate between £14.00 and £23 per hours

If we take an optomistic average of £20 per hour you would ned to work a 75 hour week to gross £1500

covering around 3,500 miles per week, with a running cost of arund 15p per mile, the costs would be around £500 per week.

so working 75 hour week for a gross profit of 1000 at a rate of £13 per hour.

or £10 per hour after tax.

THat's assuming 75 hours of work !!!!

Whats tax?. You can include East midlands, Glasgow, Newcastle in there too. Im not giving you rates I charged because you seem to be dissecting and splattering my earnings on a open forum. Your grossly wide of the mark to boot an all.

Hi,

anyone know how much can I earn as a Taxi Driver, working 9am-5pm, mon-fri? (not black cab)?

thanks

If not black cab, then you are referring to being a licensed private vehicle driver and you need to take into account a number of other considerations.

You will need to be licensed by the city council - and you have to pay for the application to be licensed, which includes a medical test, a criminal history check, a driving and knowledge test, a check with Swansea on your driving license history, and a maths and english test (the latter does not entail a fee). A license lasts for 18 months (or shorter in certain circumstances). You have to make a full disclosure of any criminal record, which includes full disclosure of all road traffic offences - which for the purposes of obtaining a license includes all 'spent' convictions. Certain criminal convictions and/or road traffic violations (e.g., 9 points on your license, previous disqualification, etc.) will require a personal appearance before the Licensing Board to determine if you are "a fit and proper person". Licenses last for a maximum of 18 months and can be renewed.

Your vehicle will need an MOT (if required) and will have to undergo a compulsory council vehicle roadworthy test - which is repeated at annual intervals.

You will also need to factor in costs, including operator's costs or advertising. All that has to happen before you even buy a litre of petrol and get your first fare.

The average radio rent for a week is £80 so you are -£80 before you even start your working week

Whats tax?. You can include East midlands, Glasgow, Newcastle in there too. Im not giving you rates I charged because you seem to be dissecting and splattering my earnings on a open forum. Your grossly wide of the mark to boot an all.

Here's a contradiction, if I'm wide of the mark why worry !!!

I'm pretty good at maths, been in business for years !! I reckon I'm pretty optimistic, I've missed out loads of overheads.

This guy "Spruce" has got be a taxi driver or at the very least he ought to be one, they just love to tell tall stories.:hihi:

Come to think of it there was a bloke who used to run an airport service a couple of years ago, and it was in the papers that all through that summer he took payments for return journeys on the way out but never showed up for the return trip. It turned out later that the address he gave to yellow pages was false, so the advert for number was also free for that year and the following year he had a different number under a different false address. Any connections?

You simply don't make silly money working honestly in any trade, and 1500 a week is silly money IMO.

this thread asked how much could you expect to earn as taxi driver for certain hours of the day I anaswered a honest and truthful answer. not enough to make living, I stand by that and I will add a little more in response to the claim someone earns £1500 a week quite easy which is complete rubbish.

A taxi driver working seven nights a week cannot expect to to earn that much I will hazard a guess that not one taxi driver clears more than £500 a week regularly it is nigh on impossible never mind £1500.

I wont go into all the details on the exact figures but I have just worked out very quickly the figure required it costs a per day just to put your taxi on the road for one shift assuming that you have paid or will pay all your dues and demands that you are supposed to pay. Road tax, insurance. car payments, radio rent. depreciation, income tax. medical fees,licence fees.fuel cost,repairs,testing fees for car.printing costs for signs etc. add all this lot together and I reached a figure of approx £90 a day, I consider this to be very conservative and not over the top.

So this is the amount you have to earn each day before you make a penny. Take into account a taxi only has approx three hours per night when work follows on from job to job. the rest of the time you just plod on or sit in some car park waiting for a fare.

most ppl on here are sensible enough to work out that the £1500 is complete rubbish and cannot be achieved.

I spent twenty years driving taxis for a living and never ever achieved anything close to this figure. so where the figure of £1500 come from is beyond me.

A realistic figure for the average taxi driver is £10 a hour on a good day ie Thur Fri Sat

and the rest of the week a lot less.

Airport runs, up tp £1500 pw

wow, my dad is a private hire driver. i better ask him for a sub. i have a feeling he's not on this much though!

OP, Ignore these people mate, they are trying to put you off a good career move ( well it was for me) They dont know nowt, if they are/were actually cab drivers they would know this money is very easily made.

OP, Ignore these people mate, they are trying to put you off a good career move ( well it was for me) They dont know nowt, if they are/were actually cab drivers they would know this money is very easily made.

Any one can see THE FIGURES DO NOT ADD UP.

Any one can see THE FIGURES DO NOT ADD UP.

Do you really think Im going to post my real figures here? to mortals who are mere `usernames`. Sometimes it was closer to £1800pw. Like I said, OP. Ignore this shower.

my nan got a ride from her home nr lichfield to my parents nr ashford, kent. For 170£ return. Even though it will take him a whole day to get there and back, and then again a week later. So 2 days wrok for £170, how does that add up to £1500+ per week?

unless you were offering naughty extras?!