Barber road services Oughtibridge

Is there anyone on here who used to work for Barbers b4 they built houses there???

I know someone that worked there Mick shaw from wharncliffe side

hes in his seventies now :D

Is there anyone on here who used to work for Barbers b4 they built houses there???

i used to work for ross garages at wincobank.i remember barber rd.they used to be part of rdb riley dale & barber rd.good old days

Used to know quite a few of their lads from when I worked at Foster Duncan on Low road, think most went to JJ Shepherds, Deepcar or Thorpes.

My Dad used to work there Jim Hadfield, think he was there for over 30 years.

A friend of mine worked there for some years.......Frank Melles.

Used to know quite a few of their lads from when I worked at Foster Duncan on Low road, think most went to JJ Shepherds, Deepcar or Thorpes.

Some now work for ACE.

did they have a fleet of matt black layland roadtrains ?

Yeah, all with different colour stripes on them, you could tell who it was from a mile away on the A1

Barber were our main hauliers (John Bedford) for the day to day stuff i.e. lots of traffic for the ports but the heavy stuff i.e. steel bars etc, went by Ron Toseland. Always remember Barber for their efficient service, hardly let us down but if they did there was usually a good reason.

i used to work for ross garages at wincobank.i remember barber rd.they used to be part of rdb riley dale & barber rd.good old days
i worked for r d b freight lines in the earl seventies,the frechville depot,we had a trunk every night for barber road

me,my brother&my late father worked with the firms cat (jim hatfield) & many other dodgey drivers & yard workers