Parson Cross Park

Nope its wrong. Crowder, Northlands and North hill all lead to Southey Hill

NOT Wordsworth Crescent.

they've put wordsworth cres instead of Southey hill.

they've put wordsworth cres instead of Southey hill.
Yep - a good old-fashioned blunder. Here is a better version, with Wordsworth Crescent in the right place. :)

Does anyone remember the Shaw family around 40-50s living in Parsons Cross area. They are Brian, Pete, Patricia and Sandra. Their dad is George.

used to knock about with Pete shaw as teenagers, at one time he lived in ingalow ave just off lindsay ave, lost touch a long time ago, would love to know hows he doing.

love this Forum

Hi again Bob & Brenda. Yeah there are some good threads on here. Talking of the steel houses I knew Brenda and her family lived in one of them but didn't know which one. I used to live at top of black hill third house on right. Used to have great fun sledging down the hill when it snowed in the winter.

hello deerlands remenber when we both fell asleep making hay at a farm in the village called DUNWORTH

Sure do Brian. Remember when we all used to go to the farm, potato picking in Dungworth where your brother worked. What did we use to get 7 shillings and sixpence. Back breaking. On our way home we would buy fire works from Hillsborough corner. Them were the days.

Sure do Brian. Remember when we all used to go to the farm, potato picking in Dungworth where your brother worked. What did we use to get 7 shillings and sixpence. Back breaking. On our way home we would buy fire works from Hillsborough corner. Them were the days.

sure eddie days i never foreget

Hi Loneranger (Brian)

Do you remember the games we used to play on Deerlands Ave. Hide and Seek

tag, playing on the fields back of my house. We used to set up our own running races in the park. Brings back some great memories. Thinking of our friends. Bob Jennings, David (sadly passed) Brian and Dennis Farrell, Thompson girls, Eunice Jennings, Diane Hill. My late brother Dion, Georgie Parkin Gee I could go on and on.

used to knock about with Pete shaw as teenagers, at one time he lived in ingalow ave just off lindsay ave, lost touch a long time ago, would love to know hows he doing.

love this Forum

I too Bob. Would love to know where any of the family is now.

Does anyone remember if there was ever going to be a swimming pool built on the site where the Rose Garden in Parson Cross park was constructed in the 50's/60's?

I lived in Deerlands Ave from 1946 to 1966. At first the park was all corn fields. I never heard of a swimming pool being built. We used to go to Longley Park swimming pool.

Parson cross park was at the bottom of our garden,can you remember the two hills,one at the Lindsay end and one at the buchanan end? It was my playground when I was a kid,before it was a park.I can remember the huge earth movers leveling the park,en tout cas made the park.