Did you work at Morgan Fairest in the 60,s 70,s

I remember Sue Fairest.She used to drive a triumph vittesse convertible with wire wheels and dark metallic blue paint.She often wore a white scarf over her hair. I think she was bit older than me and mixed in a similar group, but about five years older.I think she was a friend of Jenny Sugg,her brother Tim was a friend of mine. Late teens and five years is a life time. Not quite on subject but related in a way. Some years later I tried to buy the aluminium power boat built at Morgan Faiest but somebody else got it,I believe it developed a problem with stress fractures in the hull. At our body shop we used some of the vacuum formed ABS front body section for mini's,made a visit to your factory to see them being formed.

Edited by David Bee

Southfork

Jess was my dad Pete is my brother, he started after me though he is 4 years older. Dad was a fitter, Pete worked in milling shop and I finished in Jig Borers following Ken Batty and Ivan Pickles. I was union convener two years or so before redundancy in 1981.

Jigborer,

Jess was a " top man ", hopehe still is.

Southfork.

---------- Post added 28-03-2014 at 15:34 ----------

Jigborer,

Did you know Ken Wise who worked downstairs in the fitting shop?

His dad also worked there and was a union man when at Shardlows.

I`d like to get in touch with Ken but he`s emigrated and i dn`t know where to.

Southfork

My dad died in 1986, aged 79. Well loved bloke.

New Ken well, apprentice days and drinking uptown. Always falling asleep on bus. Emigrated to Oz, Sidney I think. Before that he had two trips to Canada. Good laugh that lad.

hi I knew George fetch him a egg turned over and the daily scetch every morning when I was a lad by the way im dave moore and my brother terry worked there also by the way iv noticed a couple of people are asking about the morgan fairest pension and cant get any joy so if theres any one knows anything let me know please

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 13:31 ----------

hi frank remember me dave moor

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 13:33 ----------

hi david moore hear im trying to get some info on the morgans pension but cant get any joy

Hi Dave

Did you once know the Touheys from Firth Park , Maire , Pat and mom, (Hilda) worked for a time at the cafe at the top of Gower Street , your name rings a bell , along with a fella named Dave Lee who went on to join the army , sorry to bother you if I`ve got you mixed up with someone else , the Dave Moore I remember used to drive a "Bubble" car in the early sixties .

Hi Dave

Did you once know the Touheys from Firth Park , Maire , Pat and mom, (Hilda) worked for a time at the cafe at the top of Gower Street , your name rings a bell , along with a fella named Dave Lee who went on to join the army , sorry to bother you if I`ve got you mixed up with someone else , the Dave Moore I remember used to drive a "Bubble" car in the early sixties .

yes you have the correct person you can give me a call on 01142496800

Hi there I worked there 65-71 in the office. pensions were with Commercial Union then.

regards

Hi Dave Bee.

Yes I remember Sue Fairest as well. I think she lived life to its full.

Remember the Suggs too. Also remember you and your Bro'

I worked at Morgan Fairest from 1962 until the company closed in the early eighties, with a short break of service in the late seventies. Started in the spares department working for Tom Muscroft in charge and Bill ‘colonel’ Hague, Little Will, Eric Ledger, Ray Fletcher, Dennis Mitchell, Glyn ‘slips’ Gregory and Glyn Williamson And Barry Ray. George Merton was in the stores with Ralph Couzens did the buying. 

I think my brother inlaw worked there,Raymond  Smith.

hi every body huggy here dave moore just to let you all know terry died feb 2020