To those who may remember me, Roy Haynes

Hello Sheffield My name is Roy Haynes, I used to live in Hillsboro and worked at Firth Brown Tools. Was in The 1st Bn York & Lancaster Reg 1952 to 1954. I now live in Norfolk, moved there. there in 1968. I have been trying to find my friend George Smith for years, and would like to meet up with him again.

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 09:12 ----------

I am trying to find George Smith who used to live in Hillsboro

Hello Sheffield My name is Roy Haynes, I used to live in Hillsboro and worked at Firth Brown Tools. Was in The 1st Bn York & Lancaster Reg 1952 to 1954. I now live in Norfolk, moved there. there in 1968. I have been trying to find my friend George Smith for years, and would like to meet up with him again.

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 09:12 ----------

I am trying to find George Smith who used to live in Hillsboro

There are 6 George Smiths registered in Sheffield 6 alone. A middle initial might narrow the search down a bit...

Try Sheffield Hearts and Roots there is a Hillsboro George Smith on there.

Thank you His name was George E Smith and I think he lived in Carlton Rd his father had a Plumbing Shop on Middlewood rd

Thank you His name was George E Smith and I think he lived in Carlton Rd his father had a Plumbing Shop on Middlewood rd

The only George E I can find in Sheffield is listed at Station Road, S9 4JU

As it's a long time ago, he may well have moved, of course.....and there are 45 George Es in Yorkshire alone!

Thanks for your help. I did my national service 1952 /1954 Sgt in the 1st Bn The York & Lancaster Regt. Both In Germany And the Sudan. I would like to contact ex members

I have sent a George smith a Request on Facebook for you

Hi Roy Haynes.

My dad was in the 'Young and Lovelies' about that time but not sure which battalion. His name is Ernest Markham.

Hi Roy Haynes.

Don't know where he was at the moment. Little contact. Will try to find out. Have an affinity with Y&L because of him. Was in RA myself.