Video Game Crash in 1983 - 1985

I want to know about Video Game history between 1983 to 1985?

I like to know what going on in 1983 - 1985 with the Video Game Crash in NA.

We have the video crash like NA in Sheffield?

The market became flooded with consoles.

Some were good, some were bad. The next gen ones like Colecovision and Intellivision were pretty awesome for the age. The Philips Videopac G7000 was pretty dire.

I had the Videopac. It was a very European console and the max score you could get on any game was 9999. I loaned it to a friend and never asked for it back.

Think that was simply it. Too many consoles. Too many bad ones. Expensive games too. My mum and dad paid £30 for Demon Attack on the Videopac and I played it for one day.

Some were good, some were bad. The next gen ones like Colecovision and Intellivision were pretty awesome for the age. The Philips Videopac G7000 was pretty dire.

I had the Videopac. It was a very European console and the max score you could get on any game was 9999. I loaned it to a friend and never asked for it back.

Think that was simply it. Too many consoles. Too many bad ones. Expensive games too. My mum and dad paid £30 for Demon Attack on the Videopac and I played it for one day.

You think no more video games coming out between 1983 to 1984 and the Nintendo come out with the NES. the market good really up the money.

My mum and dad paid £30 for Demon Attack on the Videopac and I played it for one day.

Wow, I paid £10 for GTA San Andreas several years ago and I still play it today.

When did Gremlin Graphics start up in Sheff? Before or after the crash?

after the crash on the sage mega drive

Gremlin started way before the Megadrive in 1984.

They used to have offices on Carver Street above the games shop (Just Micro) there for many years.

Monty Mole anyone?

Edited by jagsthecat

Gremlin started way before the Megadrive in 1984.

They used to have offices on Carver Street above the games shop (Just Micro) there for many years.

Monty Mole anyone?

Nah, Percy the Potty Pidgeon.

I was a big Intellivision fan, the games look really primitive viewed today but were very addictive at the time, it was a very classy looking console too.

I used to love going into Just Micro on Saturday mornings as a young teenager. It was normally rammed full with kids playing the demo games. I remember buying a Quickshot joystick from there.

dont remember the video games crash as i owned a zx spectrum between those dates, dont remember a crash in software for it, Just micro was ace

Yes and Atari 2600 and coleco were the best! (Still are mind ya :))