My cat has lost her best friend :(

Hiya i have a female cat that is 2 in january. Ever since going out she's played with a tom cat down the road. They literally spent all their time together and were so cute together. And now on monday his owners have moved out and my cat is so lost without him it breaks my heart, she keeps going and looking for him. So now im thinking should i get a companion for her or will this not be the same. I have dogs though so would have to have a kitten so it got used to been around dogs. Any advice appreciated

There's someone in the pet section looking to rehome their 1 year old cat, would that be suitable? She said in her post that the cat gets on well with dogs, its just her old dog doesn't like the cat.

A kitten might torment an older cat, wanting to play all the time, unless you plan on getting two?

I actually saw the ad but its an indoor cat and mines outdoor n i was thinking boy thought they might get on better.

I'd go for a boy kitten if you can find one, then your cat is more likely to accept him and you will have happy cats again :)

Do you think this would be same though. Im scared she might not like another kitten living with us