Anyone does reasonably priced pet portraits for family pet :(

On this coming Tuesday the hard decision has been made to have the family dog put down at the age of 10. He is my mum and dads dog and they are heartbroken more than anyone and i want to have something to give them for them to have something to remember him by. He unfortunately has deteriorated rapidly over the last few months and has now started with lameness, having accidents around the house and laboured breathing.

I have a photo of him to copy, if anyone knows anyone who would be willing to do a lovely large drawing of him i'd be grateful to hear of them and what the cost would be.

Thank you so much

On this coming Tuesday the hard decision has been made to have the family dog put down at the age of 10. He is my mum and dads dog and they are heartbroken more than anyone and i want to have something to give them for them to have something to remember him by. He unfortunately has deteriorated rapidly over the last few months and has now started with lameness, having accidents around the house and laboured breathing.

I have a photo of him to copy, if anyone knows anyone who would be willing to do a lovely large drawing of him i'd be grateful to hear of them and what the cost would be.

Thank you so much

I really feel for your family! Our dog is 13 and has congestive heart failure which has also advanced in the last few months and her breathing is now becoming an issue along with a few other things and we know that decision won't be too far in the future and I know it will destroy me!!

I think your idea is wonderful and I bet your parents will love it, although I imagine it will initially be greeted with many tears, but it will be a lovely thing for them to cherish and remember him by.

I hope you manage to get a fantastic portrait done. My thoughts will be with you all on Tuesday :-(

Try messaging berkana on here she is amazing

I was going to suggest that too. I've seen her pictures and they are brilliant :)

A friend of mine does, I will find the info.

---------- Post added 23-08-2014 at 09:13 ----------

https://m.facebook.com/AnimalArtByLAW?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F&_rdr

---------- Post added 23-08-2014 at 09:14 ----------

http://Http://animalartbylaw.co.uk/

Thank you all for your replies, its heart breaking to be honest, he's a family dog and me and my brothers are so used to him being around he's like another little brother. The hard thing is the occasional good days he has, the doubts swim in, but then the bad days are outweighing the good and it just feels like its the right time for him, he's not happy at all or comfortable in his own home, the weights dropping off him and its just heartbreaking.

I will contact the berkana, thank you for your help xxx

There is a fab pet artist coming to the Rain Rescue dog show at Manor Lodge on 14th September. Sorry for your pain - I have my own 2 that are on borrowed time and the pain at the moment is unbearable to see and feel. I love them to bits and what a great idea to have them remembered forever as you remember them.

Toni Hudson is good,she's done my lot

My house mate is an incredible artist.

She does Pet Portraits and asks in return that you make a suitable donation to a dog charity that she supports.

If you check out this fb page here, you should be able to contact her. Good luck x

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Win-a-pet-portrait-charity-raffle/1479709965607680?ref=ts&fref=ts

My house mate is an incredible artist.

She does Pet Portraits and asks in return that you make a suitable donation to a dog charity that she supports.

If you check out this fb page here, you should be able to contact her. Good luck x

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Win-a-pet-portrait-charity-raffle/1479709965607680?ref=ts&fref=ts

These are incredable how long does it to do one.

I think (though I'm not 100% sure) that the lady who does the portraits that candlebaby has posted a link to is Berkana, the sheffield forum user a few people mentioned earlier in the thread.