MISSING ferret S36

MISSING:

Our female ferret escaped her hutch 2 days ago and still no sign of her. She's an adult jill, silver colour with tints of yellow. she's currently in heat and has a bold patch under the tail near her bum. she is not chipped and has no collar.

Went missing in S36 Stocksbridge in the paterson area near the fire station.

If you have seen her could you message me asap please.

Unfortunately she isn't so keen on strangers but we miss her so much and would like her to come home.

Thank you

---------- Post added 20-08-2014 at 11:21 ----------

This photo was taken last year in November, unfortunately I cant seem find any more recent photos of her :(

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/MLOH-01/1483054_10151748303800718_384350259_n.jpg

Aww I hope that she turns up, dont forget to put her on the Sheffield RSPCA website this is mega important or if they pick her up she will go to Hull unless she's chipped, I will keep my ears open for you as well.

Hi. I think I have your ferret! Live on Paterson Close.It came into our kitchen this evening. I have called RSPCA who are meant to be collecting. We currently have her in a box in porch as we have a dog! Please msg asap on here. Or call me. I have Pm u my numbr

Edited by glitterblade

Why have you left a jill in season it is liable to get aplastic anemia and die either get the jill jab or get it sterilsed or put to a vascectomised hob

She's home, thank you so much glitterblade!! Xx

ferretfatcam , she hasnt been in season long, was told by vets that she has to be season to get spayed. Her auntie came Into season really quick, my female has taken ages to come into heat shes been living in doors up until about a month ago.

Will be getting her spayed soon and chipped, dont worry.

do you recommend any good vet to get her spayed? We have abbeyvets close to us xx

She's home, thank you so much glitterblade!! Xx

ferretfatcam , she hasnt been in season long, was told by vets that she has to be season to get spayed. Her auntie came Into season really quick, my female has taken ages to come into heat shes been living in doors up until about a month ago.

Will be getting her spayed soon and chipped, dont worry.

do you recommend any good vet to get her spayed? We have abbeyvets close to us xx

Ooh dear what vet told you that? they need to be out of season to be spayed, you will need to take her for a Jill jab first to take her out of season before getting her done or it will increase bleeding in the op, I would be a bit dubious about letting the vet that told you that do the spay personally.

Glad that she's now home safe :)

Hi a ferret should not be in season when being speyed i used the vets on greengate lane high green to have a ferret vascectomised the vet there seams to know about ferrets

Il ring that vet on tuesday and enquire about spaying and jill jab.

thank you for the help. Dont want her to get ill and Im not breeding her so will def get her done.

while shes been missing her private part was swollen before she escaped (dad in-law) says it swells when in heat. But ive just checked her now and shes not swollen anymore its gone down at least half the size it was. does this mean something. Shes our first and we dont talk to my dad inlaw anymore (he breeds ferrets) so we cant ask him for any advice now :-( xx

You need the gill jab ASAP not tuesday they can go down hill very quick.

Then needs booking for the op once out of season.

Il ring that vet on tuesday and enquire about spaying and jill jab.

thank you for the help. Dont want her to get ill and Im not breeding her so will def get her done.

while shes been missing her private part was swollen before she escaped (dad in-law) says it swells when in heat. But ive just checked her now and shes not swollen anymore its gone down at least half the size it was. does this mean something. Shes our first and we dont talk to my dad inlaw anymore (he breeds ferrets) so we cant ask him for any advice now :-( xx

Like terminator says she will need jabbing asap or they can very quickly get ill, as to why the swelling has gone down...well I hope that she's not found a little friend out there on her travels :suspect: ferrets cannot usually come out of season by themselves without mating!

Il ring vets first thing in the morning, hoping some will be open due to it being bank holiday.

its really puzzled me about the swelling. I know there has been a few ferrets go missing in the past momth but not entirely close by, so doubt shed have found a friend duno.

Its getting to the end of the ferret breeding season and so it would come out of season on its own

If it had been mated there would usually be marks around the neck from the hob