Is my dog legal?

Id love to see a photo. I honestly think you will be fine. The vet wont report at all. Just train her well and you will be fine :)

If you do experience issues with being classed "of type", the people to contact are in my signature below

if you would like advice from someone who has served time for having a pitbull type then feel free to contact me via pm

Id love to see a photo. I honestly think you will be fine. The vet wont report at all. Just train her well and you will be fine :)

my bold

I am following a post on one of my facebook staffy groups at the moment about a puppy taken to get it's injections and the vet calling the police and having it seized there and then. This puppy is a staffy/ dog de borduae cross and doesn't look like a pit apart from having a "red" nose, which it will have got from the DDB. Poor little thing is now locked in kennels somewhere all because it's owner went to get it's injections from an ignorant vet. :rant:

As already mentioned contact DDA watch for help and advice.

Got my staffy when she was 7 weeks old and ive been asked by local hoodies if shes a pit because she long legged and bigger than a normal staffy :loopy:

Jess as a puppy

Jess now

With her sister

Softest dog ive ever know more likely to lick you to death.

Edited by carpetviper

They are both absolutely gorgeous!

Believe it or not the other is a GSD staffy cross too and very good with kids.

Saying that I would still never leave any dog alone with kids. Kids always need to be supervised and trained how to treat dogs and not be left to poke or pull them about.

Got my staffy when she was 7 weeks old and ive been asked by local hoodies if shes a pit because she long legged and bigger than a normal staffy :loopy:

Jess as a puppy

Jess now

With her sister

Softest dog ive ever know more likely to lick you to death.

Beautifull girls you have there, Jess looks NOTHING like a "pit". Hope you told the local "hardish(but only if my mummy doesn't know)" idiots the same :)

Yeah I generally pretend that I haven't heard them and I don't know where they get the notion she anything but a staffy apart from her long legs and size.

That's not always the case, some vets are better than others.

A friend recently had her staffieX pit reported by a vet and the police came round, gave her a week to have it neutered and tattooed or they would take the dog.

She complied, but I wonder what would have happened had she not done so.

The sad thing is this dog is a real softie, yet the same police regularly pass groups of youths with snarling pitt 'types' and never approach them!