£3m contract for Ched Evans?

Had he only scored the three goals that he scored the previous season at the time of conviction United fans wouldn't want him back, as I said before goals over morals, you should be ashamed to call yourselves human.

I think that there has been a deal all along between the blades and Evans. I think that the Blades said to Evans that they'd stand by him if he stood by them and resign for them when he's been released.

It was telling that they never sacked Evans as soon as the guilty verdict was passed, as it was that that the Blades haven't really replaced him.

They'd no need to sack him. They just let his contract run down. in effect, kicking the "problem" into the long grass.

Looking at Sky news it appears most of the fans want him back.:loopy:

They'd no need to sack him. They just let his contract run down. in effect, kicking the "problem" into the long grass.

Why pay his wages though? They were more than justified in terminating his contract, and then pocketing his salary, which was rumoured at being around £20k a week. A not inconsiderable amount to a club that was trying to cut it's wage bill.

So for me the wages paid were a gesture to him that the Blades would stand by him.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

For a long time now I was one that hoped we would not employ Ched again,but reading some of the reactions on here,and some in the media, against the Blades who have done nothing wrong here,but are being made to look as though they too have/are committing some crime and so are guilty of 'something',I am slowly coming around to thinking we might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb,which is what is happening now.

For a long time now I was one that hoped we would not employ Ched again,but reading some of the reactions on here,and some in the media, against the Blades who have done nothing wrong here,but are being made to look as though they too have/are committing some crime and so are guilty of 'something',I am slowly coming around to thinking we might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb,which is what is happening now.

I know what you mean. I'm almost beginning to feel a bit sorry for him. Personally I think United should have made a clean break the moment he was convicted. It would have avoided the genuine dilemma the club now finds itself in.

Having seen the news and heard more about Cheds conviction, i have to say it seems unsafe and looks as though it should be challenged.

Looking at Sky news it appears most of the fans want him back.:loopy:

Because thats a fair way of making an assessment eh?:loopy:

You don't think for a second those crafty journo's could have manipulated which interviews they did/didn't show?

Nah......:rolleyes:

Closing this again as people cannot stop discussing the case in hand after numerous requests for this.

If any further news comes to light we will consider re-opening.