I'm Thinking Of Cancelling Sky.

Just wondered if anyone else has done it and how they found it?

I'm just fed up of paying out each month for the same old stuff. It's just repeat after repeat. Sky News is about the best thing but even that gets repetative.

I don't watch sport and if I want a movie I'll go and rent one.

I think I'm going to go back to 5 channels.

yup i'd go with freeview aswell, i had sky then same as you got bored of same old stuff, so cancelled sports, then cancelled movies and just had sky 1,2 and 3 package and was happy with that.

I cancelled for finacial reasons but then couldn't live with just 5 channels (sad I know). I rejoined but just with the most basic package.

Just get a freesat card and stick that in your sky box.

Where can I get one from?

I've got a HD box, but to be honest if you have a half decent TV the difference is not worth the extra cost.

Where can I get one from?

I've got a HD box, but to be honest if you have a half decent TV the difference is not worth the extra cost.

Pretty sure Sky do them.

I cancelled Sky a few months ago. I was on a two-mix package with HD, and within 6 weeks they emailed me twice - once saying I would be getting fewer HD channels, and then again to tell me my subscription charge was going up. Enough was enough, and the 30 quid a month I'm now not paying will offset the cost of my Freesat+ box by July. After that, it's totally free and the only channel I'll actually miss is Animal Planet.

Having Virgin like i have i feel is essential these day's, the catch up features are spot on aswell as being able to use the I player, ITV player etc etc...

Sky and Virgin bring a lot more than just TV these day's.

Just get a freesat card and stick that in your sky box.

I wouldn't even bother with the freesat card, an expired sky card will give you the same sky channels, just cancel it and you'll be able to use it with just the free-to-air channels once your notice runs out.

Xmas has been poor across the whole lot of them......BBC, ITV, Sky....the lot.

Know what you mean it's a lot to pay out if you don't really like whats on.

I was thinking of doing this too. Been looking at Freesat HD boxes. A mate of mine got one of those £20 Sky freesat cards and after a year Sky disabled some of the channels and asked him to pay another £20. I can't be doing with that so looking at just unplugging my sky box and putting the freesat one in place instead. Nothing else to pay after that.

Freeview is fine, more than enough rubbish to watch. I was at my mums over christmas and I am so glad I don't have Sky, FAR to many channels of rubbish!