Youngest daughter stuck

my daughter did a favour for a so callede friend last night ,she went to bolton on dearne to babysit for them,they picked her up last night and she was going to use her babysitting cash to get home,they have turned up late this afternoon and said they now have no money to give her,she is stuck out there with no cash,she has rang the police and been told there is nothing they can do

Thats disgusting. They should at least bring her home but no unfortunately they wouldn't be able to do anything because it's not a written contract and is therefore a case of he said she said.

sorry thats happened i'd be sitting there till they paid me to leave personally

She has just learned a very important lesson about folk.

She has just learned a very important lesson about folk.

I hope it hasn't spoilt her faith in humanity and I'd just like to point out that most people are not selfish and irresponsible, a lot are I agree. But what kind of life would you live if you couldn't do freinds a favour in case they turn out to be just like the scummers that have used and let down the OP's daughter.

I hope she's learned a very important lesson about those folk in particular and it doesn't turn her sour.

She has just learned a very important lesson about folk from Bolton-on-Dearne.

They're bang out of order. No, it's not a police matter but those so-called friends need to get her home, money or no money. And pay her overtime.

thats a bit crap int it?

can`t believe they`ve left a young girl stranded like that.

is she still at their house then?

have you organised transport for her?

They're bang out of order. No, it's not a police matter but those so-called friends need to get her home, money or no money. And pay her overtime.

too right!! and to not come home till this afternoon:o

well shes home safe now,i am unable to drive as i was banned when i had a stroke so she walked to the train station ,jumped the train and i met her with the cost of the ticket,all's well that ends well but there will be no more babysitting,the swine havent even rung to see if she is alright

thanks for the replies and i hope she has learned a valuable lesson

Poor lass - I hope she's got some better friends than that, so she realises that not everyone is a selfish, inconsiderate barsteward!!

well shes home safe now,i am unable to drive as i was banned when i had a stroke so she walked to the train station ,jumped the train and i met her with the cost of the ticket,all's well that ends well but there will be no more babysitting,the swine havent even rung to see if she is alright

thanks for the replies and i hope she has learned a valuable lesson

I`m glad she`s home safe but these people are dispicable, leaving a young lass like that.

I`d be having a serious "chat" with them.

Are they gonna pay your daughter then?

Perhaps a different tactic of reporting these people to the police for child neglect - leaving them until this afternoon? - might work. I know your daughter was in loco parentis but not blaming her... :)