Theresa May wants to bring back fox-hunting

I quite liked Theresa May until I heard this.

What have the foxes ever done to her?

It not her, is it?

Strewth

They won't vote for her or her lousy government.

It's seems an odd policy. Vast, vast majority (polls say well over 70%) do not want fox hunting to be made legal again, and those that do want it back are overwhelmingly Tories supporters in the first place.

If a party brings out a policy that the majority of the electorate do not align with it's normally an attempt to coerce some marginal voters, but I don't really get that in this case, unless they are trying to woo some marginal Labour farmers?

Can we bring in tory hunting?

There is a theory going about that she is trying to throw the election so that Labour have to enact Brexit and make a complete pigs ear of it.

I'd put it down to a raging flight of fancy until I heard it from an independent source with a track record of good predictions...

There is a theory going about that she is trying to throw the election so that Labour have to enact Brexit and make a complete pigs ear of it.

I'd put it down to a raging flight of fancy until I heard it from an independent source with a track record of good predictions...

Diane Abbott?

The rise of the new illiberal left - they're easily identifiable as they want everything banned from free speech in universities, to hunting, to referendums.

Be grateful she allows her MP's to vote on matters without having to capitulate to her whim.

She doesn't want to reintroduce it, she wants to allow the vote.

Surprisingly her support for the Tory repeal of anti sodomy laws hasn't made the papers for some reason. I wonder why that is?

More homophobes in society than animal lovers perhaps?

The optimum outcome for practically everyone except hard Brexiteers would be no overall majority, but the blood sport lovers are going to win unfortunately.

But been tracking some political betting markets and the odds on 35.01-40% Tory share of vote are shortening all the time. 10/1 last week, now 5/1

With anything less than 40% and in combination with tactical voting May is not going to get a big enough majority.

Hopefully then the foxes will be safe for a few more years at least.

Be grateful she allows her MP's to vote on matters without having to capitulate to her whim.

Surprisingly her support for the Tory repeal of anti sodomy laws hasn't made the papers for some reason. I wonder why that is?

Free votes, you mean like Labour did on Syria? Whereas the Tories...oh.

Are you taking the **** about the sodomy laws? You mean the fairly obscure law about merchant navy crews not being allowed to have sex when on active duty? And somehow that equates to people being homophobes? That's a hell of a jump...Not a single MP of any party voted against it. If a Tory not being against homophobic laws is suddenly newsworthy I think you've given a fairly damning assessment of most Tories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39861011

I'm not at all surprised at the conservatives. Presumably next they'll introduce a bill allowing you to hunt benefit claimants or immigrants.

But how on earth someone could like her, that's beyond belief!

---------- Post added 10-05-2017 at 09:04 ----------

What repeal? Of what laws? Google knows nothing about it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tory+repeal+of+anti+sodomy+laws&oq=Tory+repeal+of+anti+sodomy+laws&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

---------- Post added 10-05-2017 at 09:05 ----------

The rise of the new illiberal left - they're easily identifiable as they want everything banned from free speech in universities, to hunting, to referendums.

It's illiberal to ban animal cruelty? :roll: