Neighbours Who Disturb Sleep

Here I am, awake at dawn thanks to my neighbours. Why are some sections of society exempt from the Law and are allowed to disturb residentss in the early hours.

Did you ring 101? You can report noise nuisance and other anti social behaviour via that number. Or if you are a social housing tenant, let your landlord (council or housing association) know asap. Unfortunately bad neighbour issues can take ages to resolve.

Dear Ms Macbeth,

Thanks for your suggestion. We have been down all the routes available but unfortunately, the powers that be seem reluctant to take them on.

You can take them to court, we have done that once, it was the only option for us.

Did you ring 101? You can report noise nuisance and other anti social behaviour via that number. Or if you are a social housing tenant, let your landlord (council or housing association) know asap. Unfortunately bad neighbour issues can take ages to resolve.

What can the landlord do? i have tenant in one of my houses. they have friends round in the afternoon early evenings. they are not breaking any laws. what can i do?

The landlord has a duty to ensure his tenants behave in a responsible manner.

The landlord can be taken to court if he fails to enure his tenants behave.

What can the landlord do? i have tenant in one of my houses. they have friends round in the afternoon early evenings. they are not breaking any laws. what can i do?

You can have a polite word for a starter.

---------- Post added 07-05-2017 at 12:18 ----------

Here I am, awake at dawn thanks to my neighbours. Why are some sections of society exempt from the Law and are allowed to disturb residentss in the early hours.

There are some sections of society that are harder to nail down than others, dirty junkies being the main ones.

You can have a polite word for a starter.

---------- Post added 07-05-2017 at 12:18 ----------

There are some sections of society that are harder to nail down than others, dirty junkies being the main ones.

Phew! You are opening yourself up to a whole load of abuse from the ' hug a junkie' group on here.

Has the OP actually had a word with their neighbour?

What exactly where they doing at "dawn" to be making so much noise that awoke them?

If they had got in from a big night out and maybe had made too much noise whilst stumbling around to bed that's very differnt to if they had got in with a gang of mates and started having a house party.

None of us actually know anything about what they have done yet. Seems a bit too quick to be jumping on the court action and landlord eviction stuff.

Nailing down society? What hammer or nails you use?

Good luck to you.

If I had a chance I would rise society to the sky, but there are few people who know what pleasure is.

Phew! You are opening yourself up to a whole load of abuse from the ' hug a junkie' group on here.

My mom had a junkie live next to her ten years ago, they are human beings but no pleasure to live next to.

I did say social landlord. The council have staff who investigate anti social behaviour, and when they get proof will take action.

Example here: http://www.duncanlewis.co.uk/housing_news/Sheffield_City_Council_prosecutes_three_council_tenants_for_noise_nuisance_(25_July_2016).html

The OP hasn't even described what the "problem" is.