Broken white line hatched markings

I have had a couple of people comment about not being allowed to cross the broken white hatch markings.

"Broken white line hatched markings - Vehicles should not enter the area unless safe to do so."

That sound rather double Dutch to me, you wouldnt go at a green traffic light, unless it was safe.

So I guess we can ignore white hatch markings, treat them the same as a green light ;)

White hatched markings and chevrons are OK to enter unless there's a solid white line. For example, on the A57 through hollow meadows, they are there to separate traffic, but you can enter them to overtake a cyclist for example. But you shouldn't just drive in them all the time.

I also hate it when motorists dont use two lanes, up to the point where they merge into one. You get cars and lorries blocking the road, the British will to queue is too strong.

I also hate it when motorists dont use two lanes, up to the point where they merge into one. You get cars and lorries blocking the road, the British will to queue is too strong.

It's just as well everyone agrees with you otherwise we'd have endless threads about this subject.

White hatched markings and chevrons are OK to enter unless there's a solid white line. For example, on the A57 through hollow meadows, they are there to separate traffic, but you can enter them to overtake a cyclist for example. But you shouldn't just drive in them all the time.

You probably shouldn't use them to overtake a cyclist who is trying to manouvere into the right turn lane :suspect:

You probably shouldn't use them to overtake a cyclist who is trying to manouvere into the right turn lane :suspect:

Are you trolling by any chance? Becausr I wasn't suggesting that, the hatching is not only where there are turns

Are you trolling by any chance? Becausr I wasn't suggesting that, the hatching is not only where there are turns

No, I don't troll.

I was relating my experience the other day, a car came speeding past me by driving in the hatching, luckily I was braking at the time.