Edale on the telly tonight

ITV Julia Bradbury explores the Pennine Way, 8pm.

She got the height of Kinder Scout wrong: she gave the height as 636 feet rather than 636 metres.

I have loved watching this series, Julia attended King Edward VII for a while so knows the area.

I just wonder how long the producers of these programmes have to wait to film in the good weather ? She was also a bit off the mark when talking about the 1932 trespass. To me she said they made their way up to the top of Kinder which isn't right.

Somebody put us right please !

She got the height of Kinder Scout wrong: she gave the height as 636 feet rather than 636 metres.

I thought that, 636 ft above sea level doesn't seem much?

So. Do you watch assuming that is a factual geology service?

.... or an entertainment show with a pleasant entertainer fronting the pretty pictures?

Having 'finished' her walk on top of Kinder did she walk back down to Edale, in which case her walk wasn't finished, or did she teleport back to Edale?

So. Do you watch assuming that is a factual geology service?

.... or an entertainment show with a pleasant entertainer fronting the pretty pictures?

Not really ... the top of the hill at the back of where I am is 1270ft above sea level and it doesn't seem that high in relation to the surrounding area!

Julia Bradbury must be one of the most annoying folk on TV.

Julia Bradbury must be one of the most annoying folk on TV.

I think she's ok for that programme.

Like cgk says, it's hardly Horizon. It's just a chilled out early evening programme. Probably a good advert too.

I saw Julia Bradbury on the two part homelessness series a few weeks ago she seems a genuinely nice person

I just wonder how long the producers of these programmes have to wait to film in the good weather ? She was also a bit off the mark when talking about the 1932 trespass. To me she said they made their way up to the top of Kinder which isn't right.

Somebody put us right please !

Where did they get to? A quick search seems to say Kinder plateau.

Having 'finished' her walk on top of Kinder did she walk back down to Edale, in which case her walk wasn't finished, or did she teleport back to Edale?

Walked back, you can download the walk as a track on Viewranger and it is a looped walk of around 7 odd miles.

I like Julia, the Malham Cove walk last week looked good too although weirdly the track for that was was just the linear 3.5ish miles. Easy enough to make into a loop though.