Who are Labour trying to help these days?

I've just got a paper through the door from Gill4Sheffield.

It's like watching Labour MPs on QT, in a paper.

Her [Labours] 5 points of Action!

1. Back our steel industry - stand up for firms like Forgemasters who are so important to our economy

- appeal to popularity in Sheffield

2. Fight for high quality jobs

- what about the majority of jobs, that most people do? Letting in millions of people to compete with low paid work, now making even semi-skilled work low paid, I thought they fought for working-class people? not put them out of work! Are they only interested in Advanced Research and Development positions?

3. Save our NHS - oppose Tory plans to sell off our health services to private companies

- the hypocrisy continues and again ad populum.

4. Get a better deal for Sheffield. 3/4 of infrastructure goes to London and SE

- I'd suggest that voting them out would probably give us a better deal

5. Fight tory housing crisis

- you couldn't make this up! Well perhaps this does.

Look at this bit - 'get more genuinely affordable houses built'

Get them built?

-

This will be filed exactly where the EU vote in government pamphlet will be disposed. In my fire.

glad you got that off your chest ash :hihi:

Yes ric, it saved me from it being a waste of their money posting it to me.

So, how do you think they've helped the average working person?

Introducing min wage to counter the impending failure of huge immigration?

Introducing tax credit type thing, to counter the failure of NMW?

Do you want me to go on? or are you enjoying your cigar at the success of the latest anti-DC campaign? :)

Typical electioneering pamphlet. Says absolutely nothing. Yet they expect us to turn out and vote for them, (Tories are no better,) on the strength of drivel like this...

Utterly depressing and uninspiring. It's solid LibDem territory where I live and to be fair to them they do seem to have their finger on the pulse locally. We get Labour, LibDem stuff through the door regularly. Sometimes the Greens do a post drop and occasionally the SWP. Can honestly say that in 25 years of living here I've never seen a Tory pamphlet through the door - not a single one.

Typical electioneering pamphlet. Says absolutely nothing. Yet they expect us to turn out and vote for them, (Tories are no better,) on the strength of drivel like this...

Exactly.

Utterly depressing and uninspiring.

:thumbsup:

Utterly depressing and uninspiring. It's solid LibDem territory where I live and to be fair to them they do seem to have their finger on the pulse locally. We get Labour, LibDem stuff through the door regularly. Sometimes the Greens do a post drop and occasionally the SWP. Can honestly say that in 25 years of living here I've never seen a Tory pamphlet through the door - not a single one.

I think I once had one. I'm sure I can remember reading it for shock value :hihi: and I've been in Hills&Brightside since about 2008, but in Sheffield as whole for over 40 years.

I've not had any yet unless Mrs Bloke has binned them. We normally get Tory stuff each election though, interesting how little they bother elsewhere in Sheff.

I've not had any yet unless Mrs Bloke has binned them. We normally get Tory stuff each election though, interesting how little they bother elsewhere in Sheff.

Why bother?

I'm surprised I even got a Labour one, though it's probably so they can't be accused of complacency (which was going to be my trump card :hihi:)

It's not off the cards that the Tories could become stronger again in the future, maybe in Hallam, but for now the LibDems in this area are so well organised, enthusiastic, and active it would take a minor miracle

Who are Labour trying to help these days??

Labour are trying to help themselves, as they've always done.

Labour are trying to help themselves, as they've always done.

Pity they can't be like the Tories who are personification of public service, selflessness and modesty :rolleyes:

Pity they can't be like the Tories who are personification of public service, selflessness and modesty :rolleyes:

Never said they were any different, stop putting words in peoples mouths :roll::roll::roll::roll: