50th birthday - Where would you go/where have you been

our friend is 50 next march and we cant decide where to go or what to do,we are a group of 5 or 6 women and ideally want 2 or 3 days away,where have you all been for a 50th ?

Why don't you pick a place in the UK you haven't been before but would like to visit? Somewhere that has some activities you could all enjoy depending on what you're all interested in.

You could perhaps even go somewhere like Centre Parks or hire a log cabin with hot tub.

For my 50th I had a week fishing in northern Spain. My wife's 50th coincided with our silver wedding so we went on a tour visiting New York,Washington,Philadelphia and Niagara Falls.

Barcelona is only a 2 hour flight and is excellent for a short break.

For my 40th, I hired a limousine to go to a restaurant called Sticky Fingers in Manchester (owned by Bill Wyman of Rolling Stones fame). I paid for champagne/drinks in limousine and everybody paid for their own meals/drinks in restaurant.

What a night!! Couldn't remember coming home

our friend is 50 next march and we cant decide where to go or what to do,we are a group of 5 or 6 women and ideally want 2 or 3 days away,where have you all been for a 50th ?

It all depends on budget of course, but that sounds like a city trip to me. Have a look at Riga - awesome city, cheap compared to others, wonderful opera-house, gorgeous walks through the old town, short distance trip by train to a wonderful beach, extremely interesting market, great restaurants, bars, coffee-shops. Excellent hotels (Highly recommend the Radisson Blu Ridzene for a quieter but very luxurious experience - a short walk from the old town and the bustle of Elizabetes Iela). Wonderful art deco architecture and a brilliant museum dedicated to it...

It's a big birthday for me in a few weeks, a group of us are going back to our favourite spa. We've been a few times, it's quite expensive, so not as often as we'd like. Lovely place, great food, and the treatments are bliss.

http://www.ragdalehall.co.uk

Depends!

What sort of women are you? Are you looking for something along the lines of spa breaks, or are you active women that would enjoy something like centre parks OR do you just wanna get drunk and dance on tables? - Newcastle is awesome for that :)

Hardly my 50th but I did have a fabulous time at Otley Chevin Country Park and Spa Hotel.

Rather than stop in the main hotel we mostly took log cabins in the woods, but used the hotel for meals.

Nice weather is great for walks around the area. Wet days there is a pool steam room, sauna, gym, bar etc. We even had a hot tub outside in a snow storm. Everyone loved it. I think we found some daft discount deal or perhaps a Groupon thing.

Actually I think this might be one of our party.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g660735-d210858-r130313185-Chevin_Country_Park_Hotel_Spa-Otley_West_Yorkshire_England.html

Edited by foxy lady

personally, in West Yorkshire terms, I'd choose Hebden Bridge over Otley any day. You can feel the deep Trouser Heritage, just walking round the town. Different class.