Eleven million tax avoiding documents..

This could be interesting news. How much is legal, how much illegal?

With heads of state involved, well I suspect a lot of tinpot dictators are going to be worried at the very least...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35918844

A huge leak of confidential documents has revealed how the rich and powerful use tax havens to hide their wealth.

Eleven million documents were leaked from one of the world's most secretive companies, Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca.

Guest sibon

With heads of state involved, well I suspect a lot of tinpot dictators are going to be worried at the very least...

We should all pop round and ask politely for our money back.

Failing that, a pike and a guillotine might be in order.

I'd laugh heartily if the Blairs were named. I wouldn't be shocked though.

I think the newspapers are probably drooling at the moment hoping they can get something out for the morning press, but they will have to tread carefully. Avoidance is legal of course, and the Blairs are not foolish enough to move into evasion one suspects.

First rumblings appear to be in Iceland.....

http://www.theguardian.com/news/series/panama-papers

Guest sibon
I think the newspapers are probably drooling at the moment hoping they can get something out for the morning press, but they will have to tread carefully. Avoidance is legal of course, and the Blairs are not foolish enough to move into evasion one suspects.

Greed does funny things to people.

There is also a very grey area between avoidance and evasion. Just ask Jimmy Carr.

EVADING. E v a d I n g tax is the word you're looking for.

Please learn the difference.

I'd quite like to see someone like Bono in that list.

just hope this opens some peoples minds on here. mind you they will still be sticking up for them

I'd quite like to see someone like Bono in that list.

He uses his firm "Elevation" (they own a chunk of Forbes amongst other things) to squirrel money through Holland to pay less corporation tax so he should be safe.

just hope this opens some peoples minds on here. mind you they will still be sticking up for them

Sticking up for who exactly? There is a world of difference between 'lawfully finding loopholes in existing legislation' and 'illegally not paying tax'.

Remember that the next time you pay a plumber in cash. Not everyone who avoids paying tax wears a suit.

You don't really get anything ric do you? :hihi:

David Cameron's dad has been named. Hopefully that snake Blair will be on the list too.

---------- Post added 03-04-2016 at 23:49 ----------

Sticking up for who exactly? There is a world of difference between 'lawfully finding loopholes in existing legislation' and 'illegally not paying tax'.

Remember that the next time you pay a plumber in cash. Not everyone who avoids paying tax wears a suit.

Here we go. The apologists are already on the case.