The Sunday Times "Rich List"

'BRITAIN’S wealthiest people are richer than they have ever been with a combined fortune of £519bn — equivalent to a third of the nation’s annual gross domestic product.

As people have seen their wages fall in real terms, The Sunday Times Rich List 2014, published today, reveals that the 1,000 richest men and women have surged to new heights with their wealth rising by 15.4% on last year’s total of £449bn.

It means the wealth of the top 1,000 has doubled since the crash, rising from £258bn in 2009. Philip Beresford, who has compiled the list since 1989, said: “I’ve never seen such a phenomenal rise in personal wealth as the growth in the fortunes of Britain’s 1,000 richest people over the past year.” '

Source: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/article1412257.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_05_17

Well that's one list I'll never get onto............... guaranteed ! :shakes:

There should be an index measuring material wealth and emotional wealth, I bet those who star at the top of the Sunday Times list would be in the bargain basement.

I've been doing my best to get in The Sunday Times Poor List for years but my wife keeps stopping me.

This must be what Camercon meant by "Were all in it together"

I hope he chokes on a Quales egg.

If I was a filthy rich Capitalist I'd love this forum. I'd be shafting you all whilst you're distracted by my mate Nigel and his xenophobic falsehoods.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a society in which a third of the nation's wealth is owned by just a thousand people.

Must be this 'trickle up' economics at play.

I believe a lot of those at the top end of the list are foreign.

They will have earned their money abroad and then moved to this country to live, which is probably not a bad thing if they're spending their wealth over here, although they're probably responsible for the high property prices in London.

Regards

Doom

I believe a lot of those at the top end of the list are foreign.

They will have earned their money abroad and then moved to this country to live, which is probably not a bad thing if they're spending their wealth over here, although they're probably responsible for the high property prices in London.

Regards

Doom

Any ideas as to how they earned their money?

Any ideas as to how they earned their money?

I dread to think. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I dread to think. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I think we should try and find out don't you?

I think we should try and find out don't you?

I wouldn't do too much digging, otherwise you might end up as part of the concrete foundations in one of their developments. :wink:

Regards

Doom