Help with getting v5 (logbook) in time!

we bought a car two months ago and sent the log book request form off a few days later, the car is due to be taxed at the end of this month, which is a few days time, so i gave the dvla a call to see whats happening with the log book, i told them i cant tax my car untill this comes through and we cant go off the road for a couple of days because my hubby needs the car for work otherwise he cant work!, the lady said well we are dealing with it as we speak and you should have your log book by the 2nd week in october!!!!!! she was very rude when i asked her if we could speed things up a little and explained that you have had the log book for 2 MONTHS, she just said theres nothing else that can be done but wait. is there anything else i coould try, has anybody else been in this situation before.

You could just go down to the DVLA office in Sheffield and get a tax disc there and then.

You could just go down to the DVLA office in Sheffield and get a tax disc there and then.

can i do that without a log book,

Not sure.... Give them a ring, If your details have been transferred to the vehicle and you are just waiting for the bit of paper to come through, I'd be inclined to argue the case with someone face to face in the office, with proof of ID, driving licence etc.

My friend has recently just changed cars and the V5 was back in 8 days. I suppose there might be a backlog due to the new 09 plates being issued. If I ever send stuff off to them I always photocopy it first so I've got all the details if I need them while its away.