Youngest daughter stuck

They're bang out of order. No, it's not a police matter but those so-called friends need to get her home, money or no money. And pay her overtime.
Isn't it? If someone refused to pay my daughter for babysitting and then left her stranded, it would be a Police matter! At the very least it is behaviour "certain to cause a breach of the peace"!

Cash upfront next time, not that i'd ever babysit for them again.

Cash upfront next time, not that i'd ever babysit for them again.

exactly, and she wont be babysitting for them again matty believe me..

my daughter did a favour for a so callede friend last night ,she went to bolton on dearne to babysit for them,they picked her up last night and she was going to use her babysitting cash to get home,they have turned up late this afternoon and said they now have no money to give her,she is stuck out there with no cash,she has rang the police and been told there is nothing they can do

So they stayed out all night and didn't pay her anything for her services? How old is your daughter depoix? And how old was her charge?

Sounds like a riot act job for these feckless parents in my opinion. Hope she's ok and as others have said, she wont encounter many people like that throughout her life :)

I remember once when I was younger, maybe 14, asked to keep an eye on the house and kids by a couple for an hour while they did the weekly shop. I was still there 8 hours later!

They did apologise and pay me though, so all was well.

The people who haven't paid your daughter should be ashamed, I feel sorry for their kids.

So they stayed out all night and didn't pay her anything for her services? How old is your daughter depoix? And how old was her charge?

Sounds like a riot act job for these feckless parents in my opinion. Hope she's ok and as others have said, she wont encounter many people like that throughout her life :)

she is just 16 and they left her with 5 kids two have a d h

5 kids!!!!:o

they should be ashamed of themselves!!

thats disgusting.

tell your daughter not everyone in life are scumbags but these pair obviously saw her coming.

Reminds me of when I was about 13 and I looked after a couple of kids whilst the parents went out. They never did pay me, and the kids were little horrors - the lad chucked a kitchen knife at me, and it stuck in the wall behind me!

I didn't have far to go home though - it was just across the road from our house.

I would contact the police again and just say you'd like to talk it through with them. As responsible as your daughter may be, leaving anyone with five kids overnight without any other adult back up is completely derranged of them

This is what the law states - frankly I'm shocked - people can't even come into schools and read with children on a regular basis without a CRB check or give the kids a ride to football yet any old stranger can have them to look after all night from 16:loopy:

http://www.wpthezone.co.uk/teenzone/thelaw/Babysittingthelaw

Babysitting and the law

There is no minimum age set in law when a young person is allowed to babysit for a child, however where the responsibilty lies is very clear.

If you are under 16 years of age

If an adult leaves a child in the care of another person under the age of 16 years and something happens to the child the responsibility rests with the parents.

If you are over 16 years of age

The law states that a person is guilty of neglect if they are over 16 and the person neglected is under 16.

What will happen when the ISA comes in, will they need a CRB check to babysit?