Lookling for a "longer life" electric blanket

Hi !,

This might seem the wrong time of year, but I'm looking for a new electric blanket. Over the past few years, i've been unable to find one that lasts much longer than it's guarantee. Which I for one don't consider to be value for money. Being poor, I started off logically @ the cheap end of the Argos range. When the first one failed, the next time I got a better one, with the same result of lasting barely longer than it;s quarantee. The by now obvious question is, if I contine going up only one level @ a time, will I live long enough to actually get one that, lasts long enough to be considered good value for money? The last one I bought was a "Slumberland", but considering it's short life, it seems not unreasonable to assume that "Slumberland" are trying to boost their profits by buying in poor qualirty electrics from China, or somewhere similar? - Can anybody point me in the direction of somewhere local that I can obtain a suitable electric blanket that'sgoing to be "value for money" & last for a reasonable duration? Local source is desirable, & brand, grade/model & cost would all help? -TIA !

I would have suggested going to the John Lewis bedding department and asking them but I have even been disappointed with John Lewis recently.

On the other hand, I had a very positive impression of the staff from my recent visit to Debenhams, so maybe try them?

How long are they lasting for and what sort of use are you giving them? Ie on every night or just occasionally?

I've had a dreamland dual control for over five years now.

Washes great and has a low setting for economy.

I would buy another dream land if it failed, it cost £75 on special from Amazon.

Thanks for the input - dreamland from Amazon it is ! :)