Not keeping Gp appointments

It's silly why make the appointment

I think 3 strikes is too many . If everyone was allowed this then nothing would improve . With mobile phones ect there really is no reason to not cancel an appointment . You can even get the surgery to text you with a reminder if that helps . Apart from genuine emergencies I really don't see any reason why not cancelling should be tolerated .

That's how I've read it

He's right, I'd much rather be seen promptly than have an accurate diagnosis.

I think he has a point. But only to a point. If your appointment is late in the day then you should expect delays.

However the last 2 visits to my former GP (I've moved since) were both 8am appointments, the first on the books. On BOTH occasions the doctor ARRIVED at the surgery around 8:25am, laughed and joked with receptionists whilst making a brew for themselves and I was not call in until 15 mins after they arrived.

THAT is when doctors should be disciplined and fined. Their salary is paid on the condition that they arrive ON TIME and are ready. They're VERY quick to put a "Did Not Attend" marker on your file for if you're late by even 1 minute yet they're allowed to delay multiple patients through their own inappropriate tardiness.

I get appointment time for my employer but I have to prove the time else it goes against me as AWOL, which I can be disciplined for. All I have as proof is my appointment slip so I have to account for the missing time. I'm sure there are many others in similar work situations.

I think he has a point. But only to a point. If your appointment is late in the day then you should expect delays.

However the last 2 visits to my former GP (I've moved since) were both 8am appointments, the first on the books. On BOTH occasions the doctor ARRIVED at the surgery around 8:25am, laughed and joked with receptionists whilst making a brew for themselves and I was not call in until 15 mins after they arrived.

THAT is when doctors should be disciplined and fined. Their salary is paid on the condition that they arrive ON TIME and are ready. They're VERY quick to put a "Did Not Attend" marker on your file for if you're late by even 1 minute yet they're allowed to delay multiple patients through their own inappropriate tardiness.

I get appointment time for my employer but I have to prove the time else it goes against me as AWOL, which I can be disciplined for. All I have as proof is my appointment slip so I have to account for the missing time. I'm sure there are many others in similar work situations.

How do you know that they weren't attending to business outside their practice before your appointment, or maybe they were called in at the last moment to cover an absence?

How do you know that they weren't attending to business outside their practice before your appointment, or maybe they were called in at the last moment to cover an absence?

I think that in these circumstances the Doctor should have offered an apology and brief explanation as to why he was late for his appointment, courtesy cost nothing and after all we are their customers

I think that in these circumstances the Doctor should have offered an apology and brief explanation as to why he was late for his appointment, courtesy cost nothing and after all we are their customers

That's a fair point.