Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

On e of the guys on my road has erected to rather substantial posts, they stand proud about 18inch and are about 9 or 10 inch square. Pretty much nobody would try parking over those,especially the inconsiderate neighbour that did.

Did he need to get permission from SCC?

Who deals with this? I have a drive between footpath outside my house and the road and leaving my drive in my car is becoming a hazard due to skidding because of people driving on / off grass verges either side and dragging mud on to the tarmac drive. If this section of tarmac and grass verges are shown in boundary diagrams in my deeds, do I have the right to install posts? If it's the council, do they have to fix it?

This is not the location but it shows an example of what I mean:

http://thumbsnap.com/s/sCwZze7a.jpg

Thanks.

After many years of walking up to the Bole Hill I notice that drivers have now started to park on the verge (next to double yellows) on Moorside Ave.

https://goo.gl/maps/cPEYGnQ8NME2

With the wet weather this winter they've managed to destroy the grass verge in 6 months.

Its now been re seeded but given the cars are still parking there and the pigeons have had their fill I doubt it'll grow back now.

I note that

"Footways and verges are part of the highway and are covered by any yellow lines on the carriageway alongside them. If you park on the footway or verge next to a yellow line you may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)."

I know this isn't parking on grass verges but there are plenty of people that can't be bothered to have a concrete driveway put in and just drive across the verges on to their drives. Is this one way of stopping this, or a bit too far?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bullying-council-installs-bollards-stop-081910188.html

I know this isn't parking on grass verges but there are plenty of people that can't be bothered to have a concrete driveway put in and just drive across the verges on to their drives. Is this one way of stopping this, or a bit too far?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bullying-council-installs-bollards-stop-081910188.html

quite clearly breaking the law by driving over a foot way without a dropped kerb. See rule 145 "you must not" so council clearly in the right. Just a thought, should have had that skip moved back a bit.

"If you do not have dropped kerbs, you must not drive over the footway. If you do so, you are breaking the law and enforcement action could be taken to prevent such practice. Furthermore, you may become liable for any damage to the surface or sub-formation of the footway or any utility services damaged as a result of this action"

quite clearly breaking the law by driving over a foot way without a dropped kerb. See rule 145 "you must not" so council clearly in the right. Just a thought, should have had that skip moved back a bit.

"If you do not have dropped kerbs, you must not drive over the footway. If you do so, you are breaking the law and enforcement action could be taken to prevent such practice. Furthermore, you may become liable for any damage to the surface or sub-formation of the footway or any utility services damaged as a result of this action"

But what do they do about it, nothing.