Rocket Feeder Advice

Hi,

Bit if a novice here so please bear with me as there may be some daft questions to follow

I'm considering purchasing a rocket feeder for commercial waters. i'm wondering what rod to use with it. Do i just use my feeder rod that I use with my method feeder or will a match rod suffice ?

Also from what i've read about the rig it tells me to use large loop to attach the rocket. Could I get away with quick stop bead and pre-tied hook length.

Also when is the best time to use this method ? from what i've read so far fish tend to feed at the surface when the weather gets warmer. Would it work now or would it be best used in the height of summer ?

Cheers

Ben

A match rod will not last too long chucking feeders, I've tried that and smashed the but section.

You'll not get a better feeder for the price.

---------- Post added 04-05-2017 at 11:10 ----------

Hi,

Bit if a novice here so please bear with me as there may be some daft questions to follow

I'm considering purchasing a rocket feeder for commercial waters. i'm wondering what rod to use with it. Do i just use my feeder rod that I use with my method feeder or will a match rod suffice ?

Also from what i've read about the rig it tells me to use large loop to attach the rocket. Could I get away with quick stop bead and pre-tied hook length.

Also when is the best time to use this method ? from what i've read so far fish tend to feed at the surface when the weather gets warmer. Would it work now or would it be best used in the height of summer ?

Cheers

Ben

I misunderstood your question, I thought you were asking about a rocket feeder rod.

Use your feeder rod.

Where I mostly fish the water is deep, bomb and pellet works far better than a feeder but fish coming up in the water is impossible to stop. Waggler is a better option for me if the fish don't want to be deep.

Thanks for info, i'll stick to what i know for know then with a waggler or feeder rather than trying to be adventurous.

I thought fishing was meant to be simple relaxing sport but the more I read the more my head starts to spin. There seems to be a 1000 ways to fish with a thousand different components and rigs, each one endorsed by a professional fisherman who says its the bets yet.

It can be very tricky if you let it.

You've said it yourself, keep it simple.

Try a slow sinking feeder known as (Depth Charge Slow Sinking Feeders) instead of a rocket.

A slow sink will find the fish at all depths.

Set up

1. Use around an 18-20” hook length

2. Use a float stop aboth the feeder around 4” from the loop or quick change bead of the hook length (so the total length hook to feeder is 24”)

3. Set the feeder with a pellet on the hook and adjust with No: 10 shot

4. Loosely fill the feeder with damp pellets (2 or 4mm)

5. When you cat out stop the cast just before the feeder hits the water to tighten the line then sink the rod tip to sink the line

6. Use a feeder rod

Link to the feeder

Thanks for information i'll be sure to try this out and see how I get on.

The main point of using a rocket feeder is to cast long distances accurately (50metres plus). If that's not needed just use a cage,or open end feeder if using groundbait or a bkock end if using maggots.

To keep your rig very simple. Put a quick change swivel on your mainline then tie a plastic quick change bead onto the end of your mainline. Get some pre tied hooks to nylon 12...20 inches long and simple hook the loop on the end into your bead. Now just decide what feeder you want and clip it into your swivel. Done.

An 11 or 12 ft feeder is fine for the job.