Three Notifications to sort out.

I keep getting messages on my Laptop which tell me.

1 Toshiba critical update not installed.

I did down load something from Toshiba and thought it had done its thing but I keep getting the same window opening.

2 Microsoft keep telling me to reconnect my drive to save files. Is this to save files to the cloud which I do not want to do.

3 I have security installed but keep getting messages from the provider to buy. I originally had the free version but decided to buy the security and optimiser last year. Is it possible that somehow it has not properly installed.

Thanks techies for taking an interest.

:love:

Hello,

It may be that your computer is finding a problem with your hard drive. Probably fault in file system, that's why it would keep offering to back up your files. Last time we fixed it with full reinstallation of Windows. But sometimes, if problem was caused by mechanical component, you may need HDD replacement, or upgrade to SSD (which we have in stock). This would not only fix your problems, but also speed up your computer, therefore making whole user experience more enjoyable. You can pop down to our shop in Walkley for diagnostics and repairs.

Thank you!

Try these.

1. Remove the Toshiba Service Station as on reading up it seems its mainly bloatware and not much use. It also can slow the laptop down as it loads on start-up.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?soid=2461566

2. Turn off One Drive if its not being used as its probably trying to sync files.

https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

3. It maybe that the license for the security has expired but first, what security did you buy?

Finally, what windows version have you got? Do you also have a Microsoft account set up?

I. will do no 1

2. Not sure but I think I already turned off One drive,however the icons are still there.

3. I have AVG and it should still be ok in fact I ran some of the program and found Auto-updates was off so that may have been causing a few problems. I will have a go at the Toshiba stuff tomorrow as I am too tired tonight.

Thans for all the advice folks