Three Network Stocksbridge

For 2 days now I have got no network connection, is anybody else having the same problem?

It's Three and EE, we're looking at Sat/Sun before it's fixed, one of the dishes have failed. As for Three, if you get 4g it's fine, but the tower is so over subscribed 3g is way over contended meaning little/no internet speed. EE is better but shares the same mast.

You can use the Three WiFi calling app you've got broadband and allowance at home? Also WiFi calling support is available for some on iOS and Android depending on model/OS.

Bad news, i've now heard it could be upto 30 days due to access issues!!

Been with 3 for around 8 months now. Used to be with EE but I was drawn in by the FEEL AT HOME service, for Portugal and Spain. I actually get far superior service when roaming overseas than sat at home where it was said to be 95%+ prior to signing up.

I've ended up having to use the WiFi App as mentioned above, which is pretty much a junky bodge at getting a phone service. Because of this, they've knocked a £30 bill down to £20 and have also told me, I can leave at any time without penalty.

But it's SOOO good overseas :D

Aren't roaming costs being abolished From June 2017? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37429261

So if you are with Three(like me), and getting poor coverage then you can give them the push in Summer in time for your jollies abroad.

I know at the NGH the Three coverage is very, very patchy.

Since I work elsewhere now, my coverage is much better.

I was with Three when we first moved out here, the over contention on the tower caused diabolical speeds, so they let me leave. I moved to EE who use the same tower, 4g was fine, 3g had the same issue. At this point the tower kept going down every month or so (I often work at home), so they sent me a signal box and knocked a load of cash off. With the recent downtime I complained a load more and got released.

Finally moved to VF, and what a change, great 4g speeds everywhere and I can get signal!!

My wife has a small shop in Stocksbridge. There has been no network coverage for about 2 weeks and this loss of network has potentially cost hundreds of pounds in lost business.

I have contacted Three customer service, but they have been very poor. They have given no notification about the outage, and no explanations or apologies. When asked for a date when the problem will be fixed, they initially promised everything would be find by the 10th Feb. When it still wasn't fixed they promised the 14th, then the 17th. Now I'm being told it could be down for another 7 days (i.e. 23rd Feb).

I would like to hear from other Three customers in the Stocksbridge area so that we could group together and put pressure on the company to fix this issue and improve their service. If it is not resolved, I think we could do things like post on social media about the poor service, and if that fails we can go to the Ombudsman for dispute resolution to seek compensation for loss of business caused by the outage.

Sam

Not had a three signal at home now for about three weeks, having drove around I have found no coverage from the top end of Manchester road down to Fox Valley, once I get past Fox Valley my device reconnects....but this is no good when my phone is at home with me most of the day. I am self-employed, and like the comments above, this is potentially costing me thousands in lost business. Think I will be going to Meadowhell tomorrow to switch !!

---------- Post added 16-02-2017 at 17:22 ----------

Just spoke to some neighbours and they believe the 'problem mast' was formerly BT's, three bought the mast but there were NO ACCESS RIGHTS in the contract, apparently. They are negotiating access with the land owner, but they are demanding a silly amount of money (rumours say £2million !!!). Not waiting for this to play out.....got my pac code from three and off to join Vodafone with their 'signal guarantee'