Signings completed: What now for Blades & Owls?

The signings have been completed, We've signed some very good players. Players who are more than capable of getting us out of L1.

Wilder has been very astute in my opinion. James Hanson - Think could be the next Brian Deane in terms of his presence, capability of scoring goals and playing at a higher level - all for I believe to be a bargin.

Harry Chapman who we got on loan will come in very handy, like the look of him and not forgetting others we've signed on loan or permanent.

All in all I'm very happy. But the pressure is now on. It's down to us now whether we get promoted or not. It's in our hands, we're good enough so now we've got to remain very focused and carry though what we've done so far.

Wednesday... what can I say. I said JR will be signing and he's an absolute gem for you lot. Although £10 million pounds is a lot of money and dare I say it, a little scary for second tier football... there's only one thing that's going to happen with you lot now, and that's promotion... automatic promotion.

You now have an incredible strike force (for this league) there's huge pressure on you as a club and him as well. He needs to grab at least 20 goals for the remainder of the season, to pay part of his fee.

If you don't get promoted this season having paid out millions - it's an absolute disaster for you. I predict a top two finish for you now Rhoades has signed.

Edited by Futures Red

I wish most Wednesday fans were as confident about promotion.

Its a bit more likely, we should improve, but to still be in the Championship next season wouldn't be the disaster you say it'd be.

Building a squad to get out takes time.

We weren't ready last season and we're not quite there this season.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not optimistic at all.

As for United?

I don't know and don't care either way.

You should go up. That's it.

Wilder needs to sort out the defending,if we keep on conceding goals like in the last 4 games,we can wave bye bye to promotion,automatic or play offs.He's also going to have to come up with a settled team that gets results,quickly,not easy when you consider the competition for places in loads of positions down there now,chopping and changing from game to game is liable to be counter productive results wise,so he has to sort the wheat from the chaff and have them playing in a suitable style for the players he considers his best,for me,this will be a real test of his management capabilities,we need to hit the ground running next game onwards,because if he gets it wrong,the pack may well be on us in a few games.

Now the hard work starts. I for one never doubted that we would not try to sign Jordan Rhodes, his goals to games ratio in this league is second to none, it was a no brainer even at the price we are paying. I agree that our strikers have had to feed of scraps at times but that should not be happening with the squad we have at our disposal. Its now up to CC to knock them into shape. We have enough players to accommodate whatever formation he decides to put out whether it be 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 , 4-1-4-1, or 4-3-1-2 the players are now available to him. This transfer window for me has given us now a chance to take that extra step to the PL league, by bringing in quality players, Macmanaman, Winnall, Rhodes , and i have to say Fox did nothing wrong in last nights game. It would be ridiculous to think we can get in the top two, it,s theirs to lose, but i see no reason this squad cannot achieve promotion through the play-offs, and if we don,t we certainly will have a go at automatic promotion next season. The book now stops with CC and i,m sure he will get it sorted.

Can't see better than the play-offs now for Wednesday, which is only a 3/1 shot when all said and done. Mr Chansiri is in very deep now and must be prepared to chuck even more cash at it next season if we don't make it. It could be with a new manager if we fail badly.

I'll be amazed if United don't get promoted this time. Looks like the waiting game has paid off.

Best bit of news for the Blades yesterday was that Bolton sold their leading scorer,Zach Clough to Forest.