Snooker Clubs in Sheffield

Hi all,

I'm taking my father in law out for a game of snooker next week (he's had a bit of a rough time recently so I thought it would cheer him up a bit) and wondered where the best place is to take him?

3 or 4 years back we used to play down at Abbey Snooker Club on Abbeydale Road but I gather that place closed down last year.

Can anyone recommend a good one near the S8 area? Ideally a quiet place like Abbey was (not too rowdy).

Thanks in advance!

The one on Infirmary Rd, Spot On is ok. Been there a few times recently. No membership required and quite a few tables.

Seem friendly enough

Might be a bit far out for us but sounds good. Have you ever been to Allied Snooker at Gleadless? Seems decent enough looking at their website

i go to rileys in town, behind ecclesall road. not sure how it works if your not a member though

Hi there is langtons on Heeley bottom, the alied sooker club you mentioned used to be good and there is the one at Frechville(Birley)

Hi, I would thoroughly recommend Allied Snooker club at Gleadless. I am a member there and can't fault it. They have about 8 full size tables and a couple of 3/4 ones, the drinks are cheap as well! It's normally quiet, but it may be worth calling prior to your trip. Membership is about £7.

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in around s7 / s11 other than rileys as I found it quite expensive is there anywhere else with a few tables ?

You and your Dad would be very welcome to join Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead...we have really good snooker facilities! ( in fact we hosted the Bentley Cup for 2 years...) Membership is just £15 per year...and you don't have to have driven a bus, been a conductor or a paint sprayer !! Everyone seems to think they need to have a transport backgroundto join us, but you definitely don't - everyone is welcome to join us as an associate member. Please ring 0114 2373216 for more information, or call into the bar and pick up an application form.