The parkrun thread

Sheffield & Rotherham now has 7 parkruns.

About time to create somewhere to celebrate, discuss and dispute all things parkrun & Sheffield.

This week, for the first time, Sheffield could have 700 runners turning out at 9am on parkrun day. We have been close in the past but the end of holidays traditionally see's parkrun figures peaking over the whole country.

44,000 runners world wide was achieved last week and it won't be long before we hit the magic 50,000.

So lets hear about hopes and fears for this week.

Personally, I need a pb to avoid the drop out of 'the fastest 500' at Graves. I'll let you know how I get on.

Whats your target?

The Pirate, Graves - Hills & Highland Cowes

Edited by Flanker7

Rother valley is in Rotherham. Only just but its not classed as a Sheffield event.

For info: Both Rotherham and Rother Valley parkruns are cancelled tomorrow (7 September) as other events are taking place in the parks.

More runners for the Sheffield parkruns? :)

Please lads and lasses, make an effort to volunteer with marshalling etc. You only have to do it 3 times in a year. Graves in particular seems to be constantly short of volunteers, which obviously places quite a strain on the organisers.

Interesting how parts of society have developed over the past 20 years. We have the fitness searching Saturday morning crowd, plus all the other runners around that don't participate in Park Runs, plus the hundreds of other folks doing their bit in whatever kind of fitness activity.

Then you go down town amongst the over weight wobbling I eat any type of rubbish crowd !!

It is a great initiative. Is it me or are our parks more used for exercise recently?

Aside from park run, when I have been running in Graves and Millhouses, I have seen military fitness, buggy fit, gymnastic stuff with rings tied to trees, and various run groups.

It certainly is a divided society.

Phew - I struggled and tried but the legs went in the last K. But 25:50'ish ain't enough to improve my pb. I've got my fingers cross re: fastest 500; currently I'm 490th borderline dropping out with 107 at Graves today. :huh:

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 23:19 ----------

Some trouble with our results but I have survived at 496th. 7 days more before I drop off.

Phew - I struggled and tried but the legs went in the last K. But 25:50'ish ain't enough to improve my pb. I've got my fingers cross re: fastest 500; currently I'm 490th borderline dropping out with 107 at Graves today. :huh:

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 23:19 ----------

Some trouble with our results but I have survived at 496th. 7 days more before I drop off.

Well done, and good luck for next week!

Managed to do Graves today; did the first loop way too fast, so not much left in the tank for loop 2.

We did it:-

Concorde = 90 New Record!

Graves = 107

Hillsborough = 65

Sheff Castle = 31

Sheff Hallam = 488

-----

Highest ever Sheffield parkrun turnout

It seems the Rotherham flood made itself felt at Concorde.

We did it:-

Concorde = 90 New Record!

Graves = 107

Hillsborough = 65

Sheff Castle = 31

Sheff Hallam = 488

-----

Highest ever Sheffield parkrun turnout

It seems the Rotherham flood made itself felt at Concorde.

Therevwas actually a challenge match . It was Barnsley vs Kimberworth so , as results will show, lots of the extra concord runners were from those two clubs.

Still way too many at Hallam!

Things get pretty hectic at Hallam. Sheffield Castle seems to have fed the beast that is parkrun rather than take the pressure off Hallam.

Do we need six Sheffield parkruns? Where next? Limb Valley?

#loveparkrun - International parkrunday 5th October.

The Pirate, Graves - Hills & Highland Cows