Best place for laptop for online course

Im in need of a little help but not sure where to start, i run a mac book and want to do an online course which is really for windows users.

Wheres the best place to get a cheap laptop for something like this please?

Thanks

I have had windows on mac before but never really got along with it properly

Cant remember what the big bro put on it before! ;-)

---------- Post added 22-02-2017 at 12:37 ----------

It was a virtual version of windows the big brother put on, i really have no idea what he did he's the technical guy! ;-)

Thanks for link i just might be able to get somewhere, i have a number of old old laptops laying around but think they may be waaaay too old!

Thanks again

Im in need of a little help but not sure where to start, i run a mac book and want to do an online course which is really for windows users.

Wheres the best place to get a cheap laptop for something like this please?

Thanks

Hi Twace

Little confused with this one... you want an online Windows course? Or an online Mac course for Windows users?

William

Hi, I have mac computers mainly laptops, I want to do some online courses to improve job opportunities here in Sheffield, but they are only for Windows computers, they don't do them for MacBooks, they are not supported, so if I have to i would get a Windows laptop to do the course or courses with!!

Thanks

Hi, I have mac computers mainly laptops, I want to do some online courses to improve job opportunities here in Sheffield, but they are only for Windows computers, they don't do them for MacBooks, they are not supported, so if I have to i would get a Windows laptop to do the course or courses with!!

Thanks

in what way is it "only for windows" ? if it's online, then it's likely you only need a web browser that's compatible (such as Chrome)

If you are physically required to run software on your computer, I would be a little dubious imho...

if it's learning windows, then you shouldn't have a problem as it's generally easier than a mac...

Thanks

Got ya

You could use a local library to do your learning, they have Windows Computers in them you can use for free.

Have you tried looking at CBT Nuggets? These are comprehensive online courses that wouldn't need a Windows machine to complete.

Failing that, just search Gumtree for a cheap desktop with your desired OS. You could even use your telly as the monitor to save money.

William

Thanks for the information, I appreciate the response, I'd never heard of the CBT nuggets before, I'm farely new to the area too hence asking on here for places!

I did manage to hack an old Mac yesterday with the idea of using parallels

Took me a while though lol

Thanks again