ADSL Router Recommendations Please?

I am looking to purchase a new router for use with talk talk via phone line, home use in smallish property.

Moderate internet usage via laptops and tablets - 2/3 devices simultaneously and catch up TV, YouTube, Netflicks via smart TV.

Old Netgear router doesn't seem to be up to it. Can anybody recommend which router to buy?

Thanks

Hello,

At my home I use this router with SKY fibre. Great range and always stable connection. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Xiaomi-Router-Mini-2-4GHZ-5GHZ-Wireless-Intelligent-Dual-Band-Max-1167mbps-/182280394164?hash=item2a70c215b4:g:PaQAAOSwmLlX129m

I game a lot online so I needed affordable and reliable router, after reading reviews I went for this one 4 months ago and I'm still very happy with a purchase.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Firstly, if you can get fibre i'd recomend moving to it. You will get a new router with fibre.

The OP wants one for a phone line and I don't think that is for a phone line connection.

There is no fibre where I live. As mentioned I have Talk Talk via a telephone line, so need an ASDL router/modem.

Any suggestions welcome please/

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 17:15 ----------

Firstly, if you can get fibre i'd recomend moving to it. You will get a new router with fibre.

I cant get fibre.

There is no fibre where I live. As mentioned I have Talk Talk via a telephone line, so need an ASDL router/modem.

Any suggestions welcome please/

I cant get fibre.

Is that just standard fibre? Have you checked availability of fibre to the cabinet?

Try Ebay as you can get the latest TalkTalk router, the Huawei HG633, for around 15 quid or less. Its dual band wifi, has a USB port its unlocked so you can use your current settings and password, supports both ADSL/Fibre and they are actually quite good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-HG633-TalkTalk-Dual-Band-Wireless-Super-Router-ADSL-Fibre-Sameday-Disptch-/231872047141?hash=item35fca6a825:g:220AAOSw4GVYR-Bw

If you order one from TalkTalk as an existing customer it will cost just under 80 quid!