Sheffield half marathon in april 2016

Yeah, the Leeds one is like a very watered down version of Sheffield HM. I`ve added my review to the RW site; looks like a good job we didn`t do the Manc mara!

Next for me is North Lincs HM which is dead flat so need to find some speed from somewhere..... And then Round Sheffield Run. OH is doing the Derwent Dambuster on Sunday next!

annoyed.

aimed for 1:50. Calf muscle pull at 3 miles. Hobbled round. 2:11

Disrespected the course probably. Longest run was 90 mins...

In for 2017

Aside from the official ones, anyone got any links to good pics or clips ?

Anyone do Leeds this Sunday?

It looked a little warm ;)

I did it. It was too hot for my liking and I've been carrying an injury, so I just took it steady. I saw quite a few heat casualties, so not ideal conditions and hardly any shade on the route. Well organised race though, lots of water and some very helpful locals with hoses on the way. Not a patch on the Sheffield Half in my opinion for scenery and atmosphere, but I think I might be slightly biassed there.

I did Leeds (my first half, so nothing to compare it to). It was hot, but I didn't find it too much of a problem but I did take advantage of all of the water points. In particular, quite a few people seemed to suffer heat problems very near the end. I thought the route was pretty easy - pretty flat, with a very slow, steady climb in the first few miles.

One problem from a Sheffielder's perspective - the lack of trains on a Sunday morning to get you there before the 9.30 start. You either had to drive / cadge a lift or catch a ridiculously early National Express coach.

Yes I did it last year and it felt like like a let down after Sheffield although the support particularly in the centre was very good.

Next one for me probably chesterfield which I strongly recommend if you not done it before has a very different "small event" feel to it.