Give a dog a home, Mac been in kennels for 7 years.

Just read about Mac who has been in a Barnsley kennel for 7 years http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/stray-south-yorkshire-dog-has-been-in-shelter-six-years-1-7385159. Tracked him down on the shelters site, looks a lovely dog can anyone here provide a home?

http://barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk/dog_rehome/mac/

Problem is no-one is taking in bull-terriers, but chavs and lowlifes are breeding them at a ridiculous rate.

They should put a ban on breeding this type of dog, until all the ones in the dog rescue have been adopted. They probably make up about 70% of the dogs that are in rescues. So sad .

How cruel is keeping a dog in kennels for 7 years, that is most of its young and active life, I really really hate this, and little hope of him ever finding a home, poor poor Mac.

I hope that someone will give the poor Lad a chance at a happier life for his last few years.

How cruel is keeping a dog in kennels for 7 years, that is most of its young and active life, I really really hate this, and little hope of him ever finding a home, poor poor Mac.

I hope that someone will give the poor Lad a chance at a happier life for his last few years.

Less cruel/unfortunate than putting a good dog to sleep though.

I'm sure the rescue centre have tried hard to find him a home.

Actually I think that its better to PTS in many cases and I promise you I'm a real dog lover, kennels are such a stressful environment for many dogs, how would we like to live all of our lives in prison and behind bars?

Rescues should be a short term thing and not a long term home, how can a dog find any sort of life fulfillment in there? I know that they are alive but what of quality of life? its just not enough :(

Sometimes the very people that try to be kind are really being pretty cruel, they are thinking in a sentimental way and not really thinking about the animal at all in a rational way...it must be the most terrible decision to have to make though I appreciate that, so sad that the poor animals have to be in this position.

And yes I am sure that they have tried their best to find a home, the homes just aren't there, what a rotten world we live in :(

I saw him in the Star yesterday, he looks lovely. He's been there since he was a puppy, poor thing. If I was in a position to have another dog, I'd have him straight away.

How many other dogs could have been rescued over the 7 years worth of kenneling/feed etc that's been spent on him? Hundreds?

He doesn't sound like a happy dog at all.